need help wired behavior of comp pin does not exis

More
23 Mar 2014 02:14 #45104 by tkamsker
I am writing (and learning ) a tool changer component being a developer helps in that case. But i encountered a very strange behavior
I did stop with my first writing and used an existing component which had much better debouncing and error handling then mine ,..
i am verry happy so far but ,..
i configured the pins in the hal file as expected and gives me an xxx pin does not exist.
it was there i looked even in the ko file.

i then translated the pin name in german (my mother language) did an change all in gedit
and now it works but mentions then 4th pin
has anyone had such behavior ?

look at maschineistan was machine_on

looks like
component ncarouselatc "This component controls an Bridgeport 412 Interact type carousel Tool Changer - iocontrol calls this";
// pin in bit carousel_change "Request a tool change ";
pin in bit turncarousel "Receives signal to start turning";
pin in float reqpocketnumber "The pocketnumber of the desired new tool. Range is to the turret-capacity param";
pin in bit qd_complete "Reset signal from the Quickdraw Tool Changer that the current operation is completeThis input is debounced. The reset output from the tool changer is pulsed each time a pocket passes into position.";
pin in bit maschineistan "Receives signal to start turning";
pin in bit qd_auto "Indication that the tool changer is in auto mode. This input is debounced.";
pin in bit magindex "Indication of pocket 1 debounced";
pin in bit magcount "Linked to every tool -> proximity";
pin in bit error_reset "Clears any error condition. Normally wired to an operator error-reset button.";
/* Pins to control the Quickdraw hardware */
pin out bit toolmagturnright "Turret-CW command to the tool changer. Asserting this output causes the tool-changer hardware to move the carousel clockwise (decreasing pocket numbers)";
pin out bit toolmagturnleft "Turret-CCW command to the tool changer. Asserting this output causes the tool-changer hardware to move the carousel counterclockwise (increasing pocket numbers). ";
pin out bit carousel_home_command "Turret-Home command to the tool changer. This should be connected to the Blue wire of the M-Function cable (pin 6 of connector J7). Asserting this output

and now it mentions qd_complete does not exist !!!!
thx in advance
thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2014 02:34 #45106 by andypugh

now it mentions qd_complete does not exist

HAL pins normally use "-" instead of "_" (but the associated variables in C swap them to "_" just to make things more confusing.

Is it possible that the HAL is referring to "qd-complete"? Or, perhaps there is an attempt to link the pin before the component is loaded.

You can test the comp at the command line, to see exactly what pins it exports:
halrun
loadrt nccaorouselatc
show pin
Make sure that the component name (first line of the comp) and comp file name match, otherwise strange behaviour happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkamsker

More
23 Mar 2014 15:32 #45135 by tkamsker
And you are the boss
yesterday i was really verry desperate !!
show pin
Component Pins:
Owner Type Dir Value Name
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.carousel-home-command
4 s32 OUT 0 ncarouselatc.current-state
4 s32 OUT 0 ncarouselatc.current-tool
4 u32 OUT 0x00000000 ncarouselatc.error-code
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.error-flag
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.error-reset
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.fault
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.is-homed
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.magcount
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.magindex
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.maschineistan
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.qd-auto
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.qd-complete
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.ready
4 float IN 0 ncarouselatc.reqpocketnumber
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.toolmagturnleft
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.toolmagturnright
4 bit IN FALSE ncarouselatc.turncarousel
4 bit OUT FALSE ncarouselatc.turncarouseld

coming from source like
pin in float reqpocketnumber "The pocketnumber of the desired new tool. Range is to the turret-capacity param";
pin in bit qd_complete "Reset signal from the Quickdraw Tool Changer that the current operation is completeThis input is debounced. The reset output from the tool changer is pulsed each time a pocket passes into position.";
pin in bit maschineistan "Receives signal to start turning";
pin in bit qd_auto "Indication that the tool changer is in auto mode. This input is debounced.";
pin in bit magindex "Indication of pocket 1 debounced";

lerning for me don't use - or _
right ?
thank you so much
thomas

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds