IO interface with Arduino over Ethernet

More
20 Jul 2020 16:27 - 20 Jul 2020 16:33 #175267 by BosniaCNC
@gerritv: Marius specifically made it clear in his last post that he has not looked at the Mega port, it is not his code.
udpioMega.py:
#!/usr/bin/python
#udpioMEGA.py
# HAL userspace component to interface with Arduino board
# Copyright (C) 2015 Marius Liebenberg <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
# Mods to use Mega2560 Robi Akerley-mcKee <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
udpioMEGA.ino:
void decodeRx(char* rxbuffer, int buflen)
{

if(rxbuffer[0] == 'D') {
STEPPORT = atoi(rxbuffer[STEPPORTDATA]);
DIRPORT = atoi(rxbuffer[DIRPORTDATA]);
XTRPORT = atoi(rxbuffer[XTRPORTDATA]);
for(int i=0; i< PWMCOUNT; i++) {
analogWrite(pwmpinmap,atoi(rxbuffer[PWMDATA + i]));
}
return;

STDLib.h :
extern int atoi(const char *__s) __ATTR_PURE__;

ERROR: char * cannot be translated into atoi (const char * ....)

forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=474206.0

I hope I was clear?
Best regards!
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2020 16:33 by BosniaCNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2020 17:37 #175270 by gerritv
You just don't get it do you? Someone used Marius' code and ported it to the Mega. They chose to keep Marius' original copyright notice in the code, as they should. That does NOT make the port his code. In fact the line right below that indicates the name of the person who ported the code, i.e. Robi.

But hey, keep on going up this path, you could of course instead figure out what is wrong with the code and fix it yourself.

More
20 Jul 2020 20:15 #175272 by BosniaCNC
@gerritv:
But hey, keep on going up this path, you could of course instead figure out what is wrong with the code and fix it yourself.
- / -
Rest assured that I will fix it and make it functional.No need to doubt!

More
05 Mar 2021 16:18 #201102 by nickom44
Hi all, I'm experimenting with Arduino ethernet shield but I'm getting errors regarding the gwibber.microblog.can import. has anybody experienced this and come across any workarounds?

Thanks
Nick

More
08 Mar 2021 18:32 #201460 by nickom44
I have been looking into this issue and found using either:

STEPPORT = (int)(rxbuffer[STEPPORTDATA]); //Casting char buffer in rxbuffer[STEPPORTDATA] to an (int) then assign to STEPPORT seems to work.

My main issue now is bypassing the gwibber library, I don't understand why this is used and how to create a work around

(been experimenting with:
#received = service.recv(150) #Gwibber function for receiving data - no idea what it is
received = service.recvfrom(150) #USING SOCK instead of gwibber

But experiencing other problems

More
06 Feb 2022 12:03 #234095 by virencq
I also installed on arduino Uno. Under Halshow Iam not being able to toggle Input pins.
Please guide me how to use input/output from arduino.

More
24 Dec 2022 16:37 #260247 by GaryLa

Linux is a whole lot easier to code - compared to MICROSOFT!

Windows has so many layers of permissions, grants, rights to access admin for each and every move - it's evolved to take the fun out of coding and bring misery of security! I can't go on about how many bible sized books I studied to try and learn how to write a hardware device driver in windows.....

Windows is designed by and for the mind of a bureaucrat. These are people who like complications and details for the sake of being complicated and detailed. The less purpose it serves, the better.

In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, these people were referred to as "Vogons".
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Dec 2022 16:58 #260249 by tommylight

In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, these people were referred to as "Vogons".

Seems like everywhere you look there is more and more of those Vogons!
I would put a smiley face, but it is not a laughing matter any more.
Thank you for reminding me, will dig out the movie and watch it, if i can.

More
29 Dec 2022 22:47 #260516 by M4MazakUser
Not being a vogon myself,  how was the Ethernet to arduino going? I was looking at using classicladder/modbus to access arduino i/o, as It looks easier,  but I'm just browsing currently. 

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds