VMC related HAL questions.

More
12 Jun 2015 03:47 #59728 by thewho
Replied by thewho on topic VMC related HAL questions.
Actually watched your video today ;) I can't really tell you how good it needs to be because I don't know yet :lol:
A real servo motor+drive is not an option, well if I stumble upon one at a good price sure but that is not very likely..
Shipping on those things is not fun :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2015 04:09 #59731 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic VMC related HAL questions.

A real servo motor+drive is not an option, well if I stumble upon one at a good price sure but that is not very likely..

Try ebay.de. Servo motors there seem to settle at about €50. Drives are a bit more. Finding a pair might be a fun puzzle.

If you have already seen my video, don't be too discouraged. That's a 1980s VFD.

More
12 Jun 2015 04:09 #59732 by andypugh

Try ebay.de. Servo motors there seem to settle at about €50. Drives are a bit more. Finding a pair might be a fun puzzle.

If you have already seen my video, don't be too discouraged. That's a 1980s VFD and a 100-tooth encoder.

More
17 Jul 2015 17:30 #60673 by thewho
Some time has passed and some parts has been made but now I'm back with all my questions :whistle:
The thing that bugs me the most at the moment is the time it takes for the spindle to slow down.

So I would like to have "spinena" go low when M5 is called and the spindle turns slower than say 100rpm. Because then the spindle drive will brake the spindle. Otherwise it just coast to a stop witch takes quite some time from 5krpm.

Here you can find some videos of the parts I'm making:
www.youtube.com/user/lkjdangld/videos

More
17 Jul 2015 17:48 #60675 by andypugh

So I would like to have "spinena" go low when M5 is called and the spindle turns slower than say 100rpm.

Is there any reason not to let the drive slow the spindle from any speed?

What HAL pin is spinena linked to in your current config?

More
17 Jul 2015 18:30 #60681 by thewho
Crap, I forgot to attach the hal file :pinch:
There is no good reason for it, I just thought it was good to have some "play" because the spindle slows down almost instantly from that anyway.
Is it possible to automatically do an M19 (orient) after every spindle stop? Or do I have to add that in the g-code?
Attachments:

More
17 Jul 2015 19:08 #60685 by andypugh

Is it possible to automatically do an M19 (orient) after every spindle stop? Or do I have to add that in the g-code?

It is possible, and might even stop the spindle very quickly. It might be fun to watch.

You just need to re-jig the logic that picks which PID to enable. For example connect the position PID to spindle-is-off rather than orient-enable.

(I can't recall if there is an explicit spindle-is-off)

More
17 Jul 2015 21:05 #60688 by thewho
If I do an M19 at 1000rpm and above the spindle decelerates quickly and then starts oscillating violently :S
Tried it at 500rpm and that worked good.

More
17 Jul 2015 22:15 #60692 by andypugh

If I do an M19 at 1000rpm and above the spindle decelerates quickly and then starts oscillating violently :S .

That's a typical PID tuning thing. You could probably reduce the gains to stop that, but then it wouldn't be as good when stopped / slow.

More
20 Jul 2015 03:40 #60766 by sspeed33317
Hi Andy.

June and July were busy.. managed to get everything moved again. Hope to get back to work on the HAAS
in a few weeks. The shop is a mess , waiting to get a pallet rack to get everything off the floor and organized.

We are going to get this carousel working !!! B)

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds