HX711 hal Modul

More
25 May 2015 22:08 #59014 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic HX711 hal Modul

But now I need convert u32 to float for using limit3 as input from hx711.

Yes, unfortunately that is the case. You could have your comp export two functions (like the encoder and stepgen do) with one doing the updating and the other just setting the float output, but that is just as complicated in HAL as using a conv_u32_float component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2015 16:54 #59065 by fupeama
Replied by fupeama on topic HX711 hal Modul
Yes I understand. You mean something like this....
component hx711 "Interface for read HX711";
pin out float output;
function fast nofp;
function slow fp;
FUNCTION(fast)
{
nofp operation  (int, <<, etc)
}
FUNCTION(slow)
{
output = ........  fp operation (float, double)
}

and hal
addf hx711.0.fast base-thread
addf hx711.0.slow servo-thread

Why halcompile allowed me to compile modul with fp operation as assigning a value to float without any warning or error message?
What will happen, if modul is compiled as nofp with fp operation?
Is somewhere described which operation is fp nofp?
Sorry for my stupid questions, I am not programmer but autodidact with poor english. :) :)

Thanks Martin

More
26 May 2015 17:34 - 26 May 2015 17:35 #59068 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic HX711 hal Modul

addf hx711.0.fast base-thread
addf hx711.0.slow servo-thread

Yes, exactly, though that is just as much extra HAL-effort as adding an int-to-float coversion.
One thing that might make it worthwhile would be to add scale and offset pins so that the output value can be converted to engineering units.

Why halcompile allowed me to compile modul with fp operation as assigning a value to float without any warning or error message?

The halcompile documentation does actually say that it has no way to check for FP operations, so it has no way to warn if they are used in the base thread.

What will happen, if modul is compiled as nofp with fp operation?

I don't know. Clearly nothing very bad, as the component compiles and works properly. I think that if you were to halscope the function time you would find that there was an increase in execution time every time the output was updated, though I don't know by how much.

Is somewhere described which operation is fp nofp?

Basically anything which uses a floating point variable or returns a floating-point result.

Do you have your work in a git repository, or are you working with an installed system and just writing the comp? The reason I ask is that it would be easier to add your component to LinuxCNC if you could submit it as a git-format patch (which would retain author and signed-off by atribution) but there are other ways to do that if you are not working inside Git.
Last edit: 26 May 2015 17:35 by andypugh.

More
29 May 2015 16:29 #59183 by fupeama
Replied by fupeama on topic HX711 hal Modul
I work only on instaled system, I have no git repo.
But now I need test this modul more, because the value das not match with real value sometimes. May be noise on wiring.
Unfortunetely there is no control mechanism like a I2c.
I want to write different modul for ADS1115 Super Mini 16 Byte ADC Module Precised Analog Digital Converter with I2c protokol.
Now I am ready to read value from luxmetr BH1750FVI connect on parport, I2c comunication is done but modul is not finished yet. :-)
Martin
The following user(s) said Thank You: mehdidadash

More
04 Dec 2023 16:12 #287203 by mehdidadash
Replied by mehdidadash on topic HX711 hal Modul
does this work just by connecting it to parallel port and it does not require other boards ?

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds