How to send coordinates to linuxcnc

More
29 Jul 2015 01:21 #60999 by furkanyilmaz11
Hi all,

I have a linuxcnc based robotic system. I am using linuxcnc like a kinematic calculator and motion controller.

I want to use external linux software as a main controller and user interface. I want to send all coordinates to linuxcnc from external software. And I want to control my robot in real time from this external software. So this external software is gonna work like programming interface. This software will make image processing etc. In the same time this external software will create the coordinates robot should go, by reading the user program parameters and other things.

So I want to control linuxcnc from an external linux software in real time. Is there an anyway to do it? Or any other suggest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2015 14:08 - 29 Jul 2015 14:09 #61011 by ArcEye
Hi

This question has been asked many times before.

The crux of the problem is that linuxcnc is not a DNC program that you can just pass coordinates to, it is a full controller.

The options are axis-remote, linuxcncrsh or a fully programmed component.

I helped one user develop a plug - socket server mechanism for passing coordinates too.

All use MDI commands, which have the advantage of being simple, only downside is there will be a momentary pause between commands, because there is no path blending and tp.

The first 2 options are fully documented, I will look for a link to the thread on the socket server, depends on your programming experience as to usefulness of that, there will be no support.

regards
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 14:09 by ArcEye.

More
29 Jul 2015 16:08 #61012 by ArcEye
This is the thread I refered to

K-1 was not very forthcoming about the use to start with, but I remember it as being some sort of PnP machine, with optical scanners getting
coordinates of items and wanting to move the machine there

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-signal?limitstart=0

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds