Power On/Off - Dual Toggles

More
24 Sep 2015 04:05 #62905 by MacGalempsy
Hello Folks, getting to the last phases of getting the Benchman XT (retrofit) finished up, and there are a few physical switches on the front of the machine. Being that it is a retrofit, I would like to use the existing power switch to operate the pins halui.machine-on and halui.machine.off. The power switch is composed of two toggles. I have looked through a few examples of toggle2nist, but am at a lost on the logic part. Can anyone help me figure this out this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2015 10:06 #62931 by Todd Zuercher
The toggle2nist component is designed to simulate a physical toggle switch with an ordinary momentary switch.

So if you had a toggle switch (essentially the same as a 3-way light switch) you would connect one out put to the machine on, and the other output to machine off.

Similarly with toggle 2 you would connect one output to the machine on, and the other to the machine off. The other two pins are the input from the momentary switch, and the other is an input from the state of what ever is being switched, to make sure the components state matches the state of what it's controlling. The reason for this is say the state of what the component is controlling can also be changed by another source, such as the machine on can be changed by numerous things. That way if your e-stop is tripped or a limit switch is hit and the machine turns off, you only need to press your power on/off button once to turn the machine back on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: czerech, MacGalempsy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds