Open loop ok, no operation in Axis

More
29 Feb 2016 16:46 #70817 by djs14

The function boxes in the axis gui are grayed out/not clickable if that means anything..

It may mean that you haven't turned the machine on?

You need to reset E-stop and then press the "machine on" button in Axis. (or press F1, F2)

This sounds like the problem, but it didn't work. It's like the E-stop is stuck in the held position on the Axis GUI.

I noticed some e-stop halbits which I commented out, but I have a feeling one of them is necessary to enable everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2016 16:51 #70818 by djs14

Not having linuxcnc enable the drives is a safety issue
(a bad encoder connection/ drive /controller fault could lead to a undetected runaway)
I would get this fixed first

(this will also fix the drift since the drives will not be enabled until linuxcnc is in control)

Yes understood. As noted earlier the motors are off the machine so run away is a non issue for now.

I will wire the enable outputs to break the signal from the limit switches which will work as an enable/disable of sorts. These are old Yaskawa drives that have no "enable" that I'm aware of. It looks like they relied on the limit switches to disable the drives if they ran away.

More
29 Feb 2016 16:55 - 29 Feb 2016 16:55 #70819 by djs14
Is this my problem?

iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

This signal was connected to some ladder components which I'm no longer using. I commented it out and that didn't fix it.

I'm not making this signal true with anything. Can I just do a net true => to this signal to get the drives to enable?

Thank you all for the suggestions!

cheers
Last edit: 29 Feb 2016 16:55 by djs14.

More
29 Feb 2016 17:02 #70820 by andypugh

I'm not making this signal true with anything. Can I just do a net true => to this signal to get the drives to enable?

You could "net" it to a dummy signal, but it is probably easier to just "setp" it to 1.

Many configs (especially simulator configs) have it as part of a short-circuit loop:
# create a signal for the estop loopback
net estop-loop iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in
The following user(s) said Thank You: djs14

More
29 Feb 2016 17:10 - 29 Feb 2016 17:14 #70824 by djs14

You could "net" it to a dummy signal, but it is probably easier to just "setp" it to 1.

Many configs (especially simulator configs) have it as part of a short-circuit loop:
# create a signal for the estop loopback
net estop-loop iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

Is the iocontrol.0.user-enable-out the e-stop button on the Axis gui?

Can't wait to try this ... thank!

Edit: Read the manual and it looks like this is an internal e-stop signal that's generated ... so IF there's no issue, I guess it should work ... Thank you!
Last edit: 29 Feb 2016 17:14 by djs14.

More
29 Feb 2016 17:26 #70827 by djs14
Woo hoo!

Axes enabled but got a following error... Which I think is just w simple polarity issue (I think axis was making a run for it :)). Moving forward again...

Thank you gents!

More
29 Feb 2016 17:58 #70828 by djs14
Swapped the wires instead of doing it in hal file.

Both axis holding position and jogging from axis panel.

Thank you again for the support!

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds