DRO encoder

More
04 Aug 2017 05:33 - 04 Aug 2017 06:30 #96992 by Shalotek
DRO encoder was created by Shalotek
I am using PICO USC and i want to add a 5th encoder for a 5 axis head, i will move the head by hand and lock it down all i want to do is have the encoder display the current position. Can someone help me with the hal configuration?

I have a working hal file now

File Attachment:

File Name: encoder.hal
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Aug 2017 06:30 by Shalotek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2017 10:48 - 07 Aug 2017 10:54 #97100 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic DRO encoder
I think that all you have missing is the "net Bpos-fb axis.4.motor-position-fb" part to take the position back to the GUI.
(but you should already be able to view the angle with the halmeter connected to Bpos-fb)

You will also need to configure the B-axis with a very large following-error limit, or you will get errors when you move the axis by hand.

Also be aware that you might lose counts if you move the head too fast, depending on the encoder counts-per-rev, as your counter can only count 1000 edges per second, due to being added to the servo thread.

For a hand-operated axis it is possible that www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&catid=4&pcid=2&prodid=51 would be an answer to the count-rate problem (a bit of a gamble, though, no guarantee that hal_input can work with that USB device)
Last edit: 07 Aug 2017 10:54 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds