get relative commanded position from a hal pin

More
09 Nov 2019 02:36 #149958 by ftkalcevic
Is there any way to get the relative commanded position for an axis from a hal pin? Or offsets?

I'm trying to feed the commanded x position into the eoffset_per_angle.radius-ref so I can use non-circular turning by just adjusting the x position (radius/diameter)

I can get it to work using axis.x.pos-cmd, but this is absolute position - it doesn't include coordinate or tool offsets.

Ideally I just need the coordinate and tool offsets so I can add that to the absolute commanded position which doesn't include the external offset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 08:15 #149965 by pl7i92
hi
this will get you the command directly
#<_x> - Return current relative X coordinate including all offsets. Same as #5420.

More
09 Nov 2019 08:48 #149971 by fixer
You can get tooloffsets and absolute position from "motion" hal module. Work offsets are a bit tricky, it possible to get values with python interface, but that is not realtime and you will bump into problems with read-ahead. Python interface gives you current interpreter state, it always returns G54 as current modal state.

More
11 Nov 2019 05:44 #150083 by ftkalcevic
Thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up adding g5x_offset and g92_offset to halui for my needs. It isn't real time, but most of the time I'm just turning multiple reducing radii.

More
12 Nov 2019 12:59 #150191 by andypugh

I ended up adding g5x_offset and g92_offset to halui for my needs. It isn't real time, but most of the time I'm just turning multiple reducing radii.

You probably don't need the tool and coordinate offsets in realtime, they don't normally change during a cut.
So your offsetting component should be able to make use of halui.axis.L.pos−relative at the beginning of the cycle to calculate a total offset and then keep that as in internal constant.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds