Halcompile nonexistent

More
15 Jan 2020 19:51 #154946 by JR1050
I could use a set of fresh eyes on this one...After a major hassle upgrading Debian wheezy, solely so I could put gedit on it, Halcompile refuses to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled linuxcnc-dev. When trying to compile a component i get this:

cincinatti@cincinatti:/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc$ sudo halcompile --install controlpanel.comp
sudo: halcompile: command not found
cincinatti@cincinatti:/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc$

Linux also says there is no man page for it. Version is 2.6. something..did i miss something? suggestions?Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 19:54 #154947 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Halcompile nonexistent
Pretty sure halcompile was named comp in 2.6
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR1050

More
15 Jan 2020 21:34 #154957 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Halcompile nonexistent
Thank you, I was pretty sure it was the Indian and not the arrow. I have 2.8 on another box and that uses halcompile.

More
16 Jan 2020 13:19 #155022 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Halcompile nonexistent

I could use a set of fresh eyes on this one...After a major hassle upgrading Debian wheezy, solely so I could put gedit on it,

gedit brings in an insane number of dependencies, basically all of Gnome Desktop.
But don't uninstall it (or if you don't then select autoremove) as then you will lose your whole GUI. Don't ask me how I know.

A much lighter install, and a better editor in many ways, is Geany.

More
16 Jan 2020 21:00 #155034 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Halcompile nonexistent
It also seems the gnome desktop is now getting in the way of the axis gui while it interacts with physical knobs and switches. Switches that worked instantly now require 3 pushes for any action. I guess Ill upgrade. Does 2.7 require a change to the ini file to include joint definition or can i just use my present files?
Next question, using a physical switch to control coolant, I seem to be getting a tug of war between the iocontol.coolant flood input and the coolant is on from halui, which succeeds which? Getting m8 and m9 to work is easy, getting a manual coolant switch is easy, getting a switch to manually control coolant and interrupt coolant during an auto opp, not so easy, seems those two signals are at odds with each other, which has the upper hand? thanks.

More
16 Jan 2020 21:41 #155035 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Halcompile nonexistent

Does 2.7 require a change to the ini file to include joint definition or can i just use my present files?

The current files should work, possibly with minor changes required:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-start..._configuration_files

seems those two signals are at odds with each other, which has the upper hand? thanks.

A halui.coolant transition from false to true should have the same effect as an M8.
So, if the halui pins are connected to momentary switches there should be no problem.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds