absolute multiturn encoders (solved)

More
24 Dec 2020 09:43 #193079 by bkt
Merry Christmas at all ....

here is completely loockdown .... so no sky touringB) ! .... thise is nice for my old project on Ubuntu and Lcnc. My machinery work with ethercat and position profile cia402. My servo have multiturn absolute encoder .... I have never used them even with Mesa cards so I have no idea how to create a proper hal file and make Lcnc not ask me to reset the axes on power up.
I use Lcnc 2.9 with ethercat.

Up to now I have set the servodrive to use the encoder incrementally, so that Lcnc can follow its workflow and I have set the HOME functions all to 0 so that Lcnc does zero in place. At this stage of the project this is fine.

But now I have set the servodrives in absolute multiturn encoder mode (the encoders have the battery) and Lcnc continues to zero in place. How can I avoid making the zero and take the values of the encoders for good without having to reset the axes?

here mi ini file HOMING .... something is wrong but not understand ....

[AXIS_Z]
MIN_LIMIT = -1200
MAX_LIMIT = -400
MAX_VELOCITY = 7000.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 2000.0

[JOINT_2]
# more annoing option .....
HOME_ABSOLUTE_ENCODER = 2
HOME = 0.0
HOME_DELAY = 0
HOME_VEL = 0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.0
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0.0
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0.0
HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
#HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = NO
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0

And I receive these error: tip: switch to joint mode for jog off soft limits

What is means? Zero axis start from joint mode .... but after these I'm on world mode ... and I have these error ..... I try to modify MAX_limit and MIN_LIMIT to very hight value so now receive these error after homing:

Note: Motion Enabled after reaching a coordinate soft limit with active external offset

But I have not external limit on my config .... so not understand

I will be very happy if someone can tell me which way to look to explore this problem. Now I don't see the road.

Merry Christmas at all again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2020 10:54 - 24 Dec 2020 10:58 #193088 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic absolute multiturn encoders
For my Mitsubishi drives it is setup like this in HAL you would need other signals than my nyx.0... Maybe just 'setp halui.joint.0.set-homed TRUE' and forget about the unhoming if you don't have corresponding signals from your drives :
# set homed flag if absolute position is valid
net x-absolute halui.joint.0.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-00.abs-ok
net y-absolute halui.joint.1.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-01.abs-ok
net z-absolute halui.joint.2.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-02.abs-ok
net a-absolute halui.joint.3.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-03.abs-ok
net b-absolute halui.joint.4.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-04.abs-ok
net c-absolute halui.joint.5.set-homed <= nyx.0.servo-05.abs-ok

# unhome axes on absolute position loss
net x-abs-lost halui.joint.0.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-00.abs-lost
net y-abs-lost halui.joint.1.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-01.abs-lost
net z-abs-lost halui.joint.2.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-02.abs-lost
net a-abs-lost halui.joint.3.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-03.abs-lost
net b-abs-lost halui.joint.4.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-04.abs-lost
net c-abs-lost halui.joint.5.unhome <= nyx.0.servo-05.abs-lost

[edit]
As for your soft limits issues, you have this in your ini:
[AXIS_Z]
MIN_LIMIT = -1200
MAX_LIMIT = -400
So if your z axis is set to 0 your off limits and the system is telling you to press the "$" key on the keyboard to switch to "joint mode" to be able to jog.

Maybe it all resolves after you have your homing set up correctly.
Last edit: 24 Dec 2020 10:58 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
24 Dec 2020 11:06 #193091 by dm17ry
Replied by dm17ry on topic absolute multiturn encoders
aciera, that 'set-homed' hal pin is a part of my patch and is not present in the upstream linuxcnc code. and i'm not using HOME_ABSOLUTE_ENCODER
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
24 Dec 2020 12:05 #193096 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic absolute multiturn encoders
so I need to install your patch? Or the patch is included on 2.9?
Any way now I can only try the day after tomorrow ...

Thanks
bkt

More
24 Dec 2020 12:09 #193097 by Aciera

aciera, that 'set-homed' hal pin is a part of my patch and is not present in the upstream linuxcnc code.

Oops, thanks Dmitry I was not aware of that.

More
24 Dec 2020 12:10 #193098 by bkt
thanks Aciera ... but limit value is not the problem .... is a delta robot without reverse Z axis (only first start) so it moove only in "-" caresian spaces.

After these test I program to install Lcnc on old 6 axis arm like your project .... finished this delta I will begin to install Lcnc on an old 6 axis arm, so that your posts will be very useful .... I will try to put my own .... I will have 2 encoders per axis or 1 encoders and a torque sensor I do not know yet .... however there will be laughs ....

regards
bkt

More
24 Dec 2020 12:12 #193100 by bkt
not see these ... dimitri from mecatron...(sorry not remember the name of brand). canopen card for lcnc? I try to write at these brand without reply ....

More
24 Dec 2020 13:43 #193110 by Aciera

But now I have set the servodrives in absolute multiturn encoder mode (the encoders have the battery) and Lcnc continues to zero in place

Maybe I misunderstand this but since Lcnc zeroes your axis and your axis limits put zero outside of the "legal" interval I would expect an error for limit violations.

.... however there will be laughs ....

Well, I hope you will be able take it with a laugh! I actually had quite a few _curses_ today when working on my robot configuration.:pinch:

More
25 Dec 2020 19:03 #193187 by bkt
I have learned to face everything with patience, and when I notice my mistakes or my ignorance I have a good laugh and think "how stupid I am" .... serious as it may be, there is nothing world that is worth being taken so seriously ... not even death, so much that comes sooner and later ... this does not mean that it is not worth putting 200% of your commitment into the things that matter , commitment is used to succeed in business .... while stress, fear and a sense of inferiority are practically useless.

Any how my intention is modify a cobot .... so i think i will laugh a lot at myself. In any case, thanks.

However no misunderstanding ... the error you saw I had seen it too .... theoretically the true errors concern the zero position and the speeds (obviously you have to be in the valid workspace for soft limits). As soon as I can try I will post the correct solution for me.

Good saint stephen.

bkt

More
28 Dec 2020 12:10 #193352 by bkt
Strange ..... in use these settings:
HOME_ABSOLUTE_ENCODER = 1

yes I need to make a homing at start but all sounds good.

But if use these one:
HOME_ABSOLUTE_ENCODER = 2

the new position at start-up becomes the current real one added to that of the last shutdown ... and this happens both if I use the INI file position.txt and if I leave the parameter empty and therefore Lcnc doesn't use it.

Why?

I didn't use
setp halui.joint.0.set-homed 1
, because dimitri's patch is not present in my installation.

regards
bkt

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds