new Component probefilter to handle "probe tripped ... errors"

More
20 Apr 2021 07:14 #206504 by freisei
Hi!

With current build of 2.9-pre it is very hard to handle bouncing/flickering probes because linuxcnc stops on every . This is the main thing i want to create a realtime hal component "probefilter".

Problem: probing for a rotating endmill on a laser.

possible solution 1, filter for motion.motion-type 5 does not work.
Even if i create a hal-filtered probe (only active when motion.motion-type is 5) there are a couple of signals going through in around 50ms after first probe-signal.

On a G34.2 move with running spindle for some reason i get three pulses from type-5-probe-pin until linuxcnc decides G34.2 is over.
It seems that the task that turns on watching for probe-interrupts is a little faster - so i get "Probe tripped during non-probe move."

Upper graph is probe-signal that only is active when motion.motion-type == 5. The lower one is dirctly from the probe.

possible solution 2, debounce adds latency.
as far as i see the hal components dbounce and debounce both would add latency to the probe-signal. This is very bad for a probe-signal.

Features
  • a number of probe-inputs, each can be individually enabled/disabled
  • filtering/debouncing to match problem 1 without latency
  • motion-types configurable per probe

If some you have any suggestions i will see what i can do.
btw. i'm not a pro in c - so maybe a better programmer would have to cleanup/rewrite the component to match quality-criteria to get into official code-repos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2021 11:10 #206629 by andypugh
Would it be enough to make the motion-type=5 signal longer with a oneshot component?

More
14 Aug 2021 19:47 #217766 by freisei
Hi Andy,

i ve overseen your answer. I´ve already tried it with oneshot. It did not work for me. Because i need a fast reaction when getting into the laser beam and even getting outside. Doing that in complicated hal it resulted in the better way for me to write a small (unfinished) component "probefilter".

github.com/freisei/probefilter/blob/main/probefilter.comp

Greets!
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh

More
15 Aug 2021 09:22 #217796 by rodw
When I had this issue I and2'ed the probe signal to a digital output and added m62-m65 to my probe routine so the probe would only trigger if the digital output was true (during probing).

More
16 Aug 2021 23:44 #217931 by andypugh
The comp here seems to use motion.motion-type so automatically detects a probing move with no further G-code magic.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds