Python Component issueing errors or warnings to LinuxCNC

More
13 May 2021 17:31 #208744 by cmorley
Excellent - thanks for the feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2021 14:12 #208913 by Roiki

More
21 Mar 2022 12:02 #237904 by Thom
Hi,
Its a realy good idea!

I wanted to do the same on my machine:
So you have modified your "emcmodule.cc" file

Where can i find this file?
(searched my computer with $sudo find / -type f -name *emcmodule.cc" but there was no result..

Best regards,
Thomas

More
21 Mar 2022 13:34 #237913 by tommylight
miner@NVME32GB:~$ whereis .txt
: /usr/bin/. /usr/sbin/. /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/. /usr/lib/. /usr/lib64/. /etc/. /etc/.java /usr/games/. /usr/local/bin/. /usr/local/sbin/. /usr/local/etc/. /usr/local/lib/. /usr/local/games/. /usr/include/. /usr/local/. /usr/libexec/. /usr/share/. /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/. /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/.hipVersion /opt/net.downloadhelper.coapp/bin/. /usr/share/man/pt/. /usr/share/man/sv/. /usr/share/man/cs/. /usr/share/man/pl/. /usr/share/man/pt_BR/. /usr/share/man/man4/. /usr/share/man/man2/. /usr/share/man/sr/. /usr/share/man/gl/. /usr/share/man/zh/. /usr/share/man/fi/. /usr/share/man/ja/. /usr/share/man/sl/. /usr/share/man/de/. /usr/share/man/da/. /usr/share/man/fr.ISO8859-1/. /usr/share/man/id/. /usr/share/man/ko/. /usr/share/man/man1/. /usr/share/man/ro/. /usr/share/man/es/. /usr/share/man/ru/. /usr/share/man/hu/. /usr/share/man/zh_TW/. /usr/share/man/zh_CN/. /usr/share/man/man8/. /usr/share/man/man3/. /usr/share/man/fr/. /usr/share/man/nl/. /usr/share/man/tr/. /usr/share/man/sk/. /usr/share/man/man5/. /usr/share/man/it/. /usr/share/man/hr/. /usr/share/man/man7/. /usr/share/man/fr.UTF-8/. /usr/share/man/man6/. /usr/share/man/el/. /usr/share/info/. /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-80/. /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-74/. /usr/src/amdgpu-5.11.5.26-1271047/. /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-80-generic/.config /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-80-generic/. /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-80-generic/.gitignore /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-74-generic/.config /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-74-generic/. /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-74-generic/.gitignore
miner@NVME32GB:~$ 
Use the "whereis" command, if it is not installed, use
sudo apt install util-linux

More
21 Mar 2022 15:43 #237939 by Thom
Hi,

Good to know this command :-)

But iam still not able to find the "emcmodule.cc" file..
where is it located normally?
or do i need some kind of development packed?
=> Is there any documentation?

More
More
22 Mar 2022 07:57 #238000 by Thom
Thanks,

I found this on github already; The question is: where can i find (modify) it on my Computer?
If i'am right: it is pre installed? (otherwise LinuxCNC will not run :-)
(LINUXCNC - 2.8.2-72-gbcb0b7c4e)

More
22 Mar 2022 12:38 #238009 by cmorley
try something like:

/usr/lib/python/dist-packages/axis/

More
23 Mar 2022 15:46 #238109 by Thom
Thanks for the information, but i am still not able to find any .cc file on one of my machines.

Maybe it's may fault: im not an expert yet :-)
But i have no idea, where to start..

Meanwhile i extended the existing "QtPyVCP NotificationWidget" with a s32 HAL input Pin: ( error-number)

By changing the pin value, it gets the User defined message from a file in the config folder (in the file, you can assign your s32-numbers to user defined string messages)
The extended hal Widget does the following: 
=> on the Plugin "notifications" :  notification_channel.captureMessage is called with the assigned message
=> self.on_error_message is called with the assigned message

Hope, i can help someone else with this content (It took me almost 20 hours to get a basic idea, how to do it :-)

Best regards,
Thomas

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds