xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues

More
26 Jun 2021 11:58 - 26 Jun 2021 12:02 #212957 by alkabal
Replied by alkabal on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
I think this is a bug.

I have do my best for enhance this driver, add some feature, remove useless code and provide a ready to use config file but this is sure that this drive need some review from better coder.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2021 12:02 by alkabal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2021 04:20 - 27 Jun 2021 13:28 #212996 by MRx
Replied by MRx on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues

Hi

First i apologize, i have some difficulty to understand exactly what is your issue with Lead mode and same for your "certain range" limit for spindle +- . (have you see the macro 3/4 for speed increase/decrease ?)

Your welcome for enhance this driver, but macro 3/4 are hardcoded for for spindle +-

From my config using the button S-ON/S-OFF for start and stop the spindle work fine.

Maybe a new feature can be added for jog program., see :
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...rt-program-using-mpg

Br

that's a nice feature, did you wire up or are you using the "continue" feature with the handwheel somehow?

Edit:
I have modified the lead mode to motion-adaptive (just like in the video) on my side now the second switch should not be skipped, I'll update it on my side. I will put all the modifications to github later.
I think I will move the motion-adaptive mode to the "continue" option.

> have you see the macro 3/4 for speed increase/decrease ?

that's spindle override + and spindle override - no?
Not sure if that's macro 3/4 (still need to check).
Last edit: 27 Jun 2021 13:28 by MRx.

More
27 Jun 2021 16:29 #213026 by MRx
Attached the current diff

- fixes Play / Stop
- fixes Un-Pause (when multiple M0 are in the g-code)
- fixes handwheel in lead mode (I'm using that one for motion.adaptive-feed on my side)

Attachments:

More
27 Jun 2021 21:21 - 27 Jun 2021 21:27 #213051 by alkabal
Replied by alkabal on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
Hi

Thanks for patch, i will try it soon (but i think i will wait until you open a PR and holiday are coming soon)

Macro 3 and 4 are direct spindle speed selection (this is in the config example and i think in the documentation)

speed selection macro 3/4 : (but off course you can comment out this line and use macro 3/4 for oher purpose)
net pdnt.reserved.for.spindle+ whb.button.macro-3 # Hardcoded for spindle+ whb.halui.spindle.increase
net pdnt.reserved.for.spindle- whb.button.macro-4 # Hardcoded for spindle- whb.halui.spindle.decrease
+
net pdnt.spindle.increase whb.halui.spindle.increase halui.spindle.0.increase # reserved whb.button.macro-3
net pdnt.spindle.decrease whb.halui.spindle.decrease halui.spindle.0.decrease # reserved whb.button.macro

vs override existing button :
net pdnt.spindle.override.increase whb.halui.spindle-override.increase halui.spindle.0.override.increase
net pdnt.spindle.override.decrease whb.halui.spindle-override.decrease halui.spindle.0.override.decrease

imo lead mode for spindle and mpg for feed override is the best things to keep for use the pendant when machine is running.

When you want to move a axis you need to push the "step" button, so if you wan't to use motion adaptive you need to push "Continuous" the behavior seem to me more logic and the rotary knob can be more easily turned without taking attention

Is motion adaptative work fine ?
can you share the related hal config ?

Br
Last edit: 27 Jun 2021 21:27 by alkabal.

More
02 Jul 2021 19:26 #213506 by rgb
Replied by rgb on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
This patch works fine for me. I don't have any spindle control so I just tested the start/resume changes.

Bob

More
22 Jul 2021 02:15 - 22 Jul 2021 02:20 #215546 by MRx

Is motion adaptative work fine ?
can you share the related hal config ?

Br

it would work fine if it's configured properly.
there's some "overdrive" here on my side because I did not add any filters in between.

I have created a pull request for the patch to fix the xhc-whb04b-4/6 behaviour.

Following is unrelated to the patch, but just a general information:
I have seen a video where someone said that the XHC-WHB04 WIRELESS version does not work smooth for him when jogging X/Y/Z -- that does not apply to the USB version of it, the USB Version is fully responsive and I have not seen any issue with it.

the hal config is there:
paste.debian.net/1205184/
Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 02:20 by MRx.

More
23 Jul 2021 04:16 #215642 by MRx
Next version of this Patch to add home / unhome support per axis and fix driving outside of the designated area when not homed:

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...dant?start=10#215641

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds