compiling custom component LCNC2.7.15

More
04 Sep 2021 04:45 #219575 by Sourabh3
So i'm trying to compile a custom component for my automatic gearbox of maho mh1000T. i borrowed the component from ere:
github.com/jin-eld/mh400e-linuxcnc

I followed the steps given in here but couldn't succeed. So i looked up for the solution and found out this component was written for LCNC 2.7.14. And now the way to compile has been changed in the 2.7.15 version. I jumped to the documentation page of LCNC and found that the documents haven't been updated (i guess). because it says "Place the .comp file in the source directory linuxcnc/src/hal/components and re-run make. Comp files are automatically detected by the build system.If a .comp file is a driver for hardware, it may be placed in linuxcnc/src/hal/drivers and will be built unless LinuxCNC is configured as a userspace simulator."
But my linuxcnc folder doesn't contain any folder named as src. Can anyone help me to compile this component? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2021 13:00 #219599 by tommylight
In a terminal, CD to the folder containing the copm, then:
sudo halcompile -- install mh400e_gearbox.comp
that should also install it so no need to copy anything.

More
06 Sep 2021 05:27 #219719 by Sourabh3
I did that but nothing happened.

Also i encountered another problem. I am unable to run g33 cycle even in the below program, the machine becomes stationary and nothing happens, spindle rotates, machine moves to desired position but as soon as g33 line pops up, the machine becomes stationary. This is the program :

G90 (set absolute mode)
G0 X1.000 Y1.000 Z0.100 (rapid move to starting position)
S100 M3 (turn on the spindle, 100 RPM)
G33.1 Z-0.750 K0.05 (rigid tap a 20 TPI thread 0.750 deep)
M2 (end program)

More
06 Sep 2021 05:51 #219720 by Aciera

I did that but nothing happened.

You didn't get any feedback in the terminal?

as soon as g33 line pops up, the machine becomes stationary

Are you sure your spindle feedback (ie encoder input) is working properly?

More
06 Sep 2021 06:24 #219723 by Sourabh3
I got the feedback in the terminal, with lots of warnings but no errors. I'll post the output as soon as i reach home.

I feel so dumb about g33 question right now. I thought only g33.1 needs Encoder not g33. Is there any way to use tapping cycle without Encoder? I will order a Encoder tonight. 500 ppr will be enough?

More
06 Sep 2021 07:33 #219734 by Aciera
If you get only warnings and no errors you should be fine. If the component loads without error in hal and all the appropriate hal pins are generated then I think halcompile worked.

I think 500 ppr should be ok.

More
12 Sep 2021 10:31 #220283 by andypugh
The way to tell if a .comp has been successfully installed is if the final line in the output is "cp name-of-module /the/destination"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds