Drive fault monitor

More
01 Oct 2021 15:20 #221965 by 109jb
Drive fault monitor was created by 109jb
Not sure if this is the right place, but I think it is. Anyway, I have a 3 axis milling machine that uses closed loop steppers. The loop is closed at the stepper drive, not in LinuxCNC.  The drives can signal if they detect a fault in either following error exceeding the set parameter or other fault. It is basically closing a switch.  The fault pin of all of the drives are wired in parallel so that one pin on my breakout board can be tripped. I want to connect this signal to a linuxCNC pin so that if fault is detected by one of the drives, LinuxCNC will stop motion and notify the user. I have a workaround right now. I have a single home/limit for my x-axis, so I set up the x limits in LinuxCNC with home/limit at the positive end of travel, and use the drive fault to trip what LinuxCNC believes is the x negative limit. Seems to work well in bench testing, but rather than trigger a limit and notify that a limit was hit, I would like to have it do essentially the same steps except notify that a drive fault was detected. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2021 17:59 #221976 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Drive fault monitor
####### AMP FAULT INPUTS ######
net amp0 joint.0.amp-fault-in [HMOT](CARD0).gpio.028.in
net amp1 joint.1.amp-fault-in [HMOT](CARD0).gpio.027.in
net amp2 joint.2.amp-fault-in [HMOT](CARD0).gpio.026.in

More
02 Oct 2021 00:58 #221987 by 109jb
Replied by 109jb on topic Drive fault monitor
Perfect..Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds