where is the spindle.0.speed-out signal coming from?

More
21 Nov 2021 05:44 - 21 Nov 2021 05:45 #227165 by PhilipME
Good day

Please see the attached diagram

logicaly the signal for spindle.0.speed-out is coming from the user interface

let us say we are using gmoccapy

Where such connection between spindle.0.speed-out and the user interface of gmoccapy is made (which file)

best regards 

Philip

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Nov 2021 05:45 by PhilipME.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
21 Nov 2021 10:30 #227179 by PhilipME
Thanks cmorley

If I understood the article in the link you posted correctly, the link between spindle.0.speed-out and the graphical user interface is internal and not in a file like machine.hal.

So to map each signal generated by the stepconf wizard to a button (on gmoccapy user interface), I used the hal meter and just keep trying to see which button change the signal of my interrest.

I was hoping that there is some kind of a spread sheet that link the signal to the GUI button, but thats OK, I will map it manualy, it will stick better the hardway.

Best regards

Philip

More
21 Nov 2021 11:06 #227182 by Clive S

Thanks cmorley

If I understood the article in the link you posted correctly, the link between spindle.0.speed-out and the graphical user interface is internal and not in a file like machine.hal.

So to map each signal generated by the stepconf wizard to a button (on gmoccapy user interface), I used the hal meter and just keep trying to see which button change the signal of my interrest.

I was hoping that there is some kind of a spread sheet that link the signal to the GUI button, but thats OK, I will map it manualy, it will stick better the hardway.

Best regards

Philip

Have you tried halshow and look for your signal it should then show you all the instances that the signal is connect to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhilipME

More
21 Nov 2021 11:32 #227187 by PhilipME

Thanks cmorley

Best regards

Philip

Have you tried halshow and look for your signal it should then show you all the instances that the signal is connect to.

yes

I am playing with halcmd. 

it will take me a while to connect the dots, very steep learning curve for non-sofware background person, but I will be there.

thanks

Philip

More
21 Nov 2021 12:56 #227194 by cmorley
i would suggest that when asking questions to explain what you are trying to do rather then just asking a specific question of process.

Sounds like you wish to change what the buttons do in Gmoccapy?
These are set is gmoccapy's python files mostly gmoccapy.py and gmoccapy.glade.

More
21 Nov 2021 17:56 #227212 by andypugh
spindle.0.speed-out is controlled by an NML message (internal to LInuxCNC).

Typically it would be the result of an M3 / M4 command from the interpreter getting to the front of the motion queue.

However GUI's can also generate spindle command messages, as can user-written code using the Python interface
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/python-interface.html
or pins in HAL using halui.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man1/halui.1.html#PINS

More
21 Nov 2021 20:29 - 21 Nov 2021 20:45 #227228 by PhilipME

spindle.0.speed-out is controlled by an NML message (internal to LInuxCNC).

Typically it would be the result of an M3 / M4 command from the interpreter getting to the front of the motion queue.

However GUI's can also generate spindle command messages, as can user-written code using the Python interface
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/python-interface.html
or pins in HAL using halui.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man1/halui.1.html#PINS

This is exactly what I was looking for

Now a lot of things that were confusing me make sense.

I extended the gmoccapy and added a little check box, that is why I was looking for the a postgui file for the native gmoccapy user interface buttons, which now I understand that the signals from those buttons to the other hal components is internal.

Philip
Last edit: 21 Nov 2021 20:45 by PhilipME.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds