Configure scara robot

More
21 Nov 2021 17:41 #227209 by NaboNess
Hi there. I'm newbie and i've been struggling to make my robot workI know how to use the step config wizard and i opened the vismach scara sample 
but i couldn't use the configuration that is in scara model to make it work with my BOB that is using a parallel portAny solutions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2021 18:51 #227219 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Configure scara robot
Should go something like this:
Make a config for joints/axis you have with the correct pins using StepConf, start that config and check if everything moves correctly.
Since you have opened the scara sim, it's config folder should already be copied to your /home/whatever_name/linuxcnc, so copy the .hal file from the stepconf created folder to the sim folder.
Open both .ini files (from sim and stepconf), select and copy from stepconf to sim .ini everything reffering to axis/joints.
Near the top of the sim .ini find reffernces to sim files and delete them and add the .hal file name you copied from stepconf to sim.
Save everything but do not close the text editor, try to start the sim.
If everything was copied correctly the robot should move now.
If not, see the "debug" section of the error report and fix whatever is missing or duplicated, save and try again.
Do not close the text editor till you get things working as it is easy to go back with "undo" in case of typos.

More
21 Nov 2021 21:01 #227231 by NaboNess
Replied by NaboNess on topic Configure scara robot
I think that the problem comes from the hal file where i cant implement the parallel port in the vismach hal file

More
22 Nov 2021 10:02 #227285 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Configure scara robot
Usually the vismach hal file has nothing to do with the parallel port, all it does is create a graphic rendering and connect values like the joint positions to that. As such vismach is not required for a working configuration at all.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds