Lathe Spindle Encoder

More
25 Aug 2022 21:24 #250459 by drummond
I might have a bad decoder, I may have wired it up wrongly.I thought first I would check here to see if I have made any errors in the ini or hal files :

Thanks for looking 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2022 17:21 #250586 by drummond
Replied by drummond on topic Lathe Spindle Encoder
Long story short.

I have one of these:
www.ia.omron.com/data_pdf/cat/e6b2-c_ds_e_6_1_csm491.pdf?id=487

6C version

Decided to check that was still working by hooking up the micro controller I used to test it when I received it. Step 1 find the code I used. I'm glad I take copious notes "input must be pullup and ground that bare wire like you really mean it" why didn't I remember that?

Examined C10 board jumper says "inputs 1-2 pull down 2-3 pull up" moved jumper to 2-3 and voila <hello world> It works but further testing to make sure it works properly is needed.

<sorry for the noise>

I could have changed the jumper on the 7c81, the C10 was easier to get to, I now have inputs 10 upwards as pull up.

Which made me wonder if I could have just selectively changed 10, 11, 12 to pull up leaving the rest alone.

How about it could I use HAL to do that to a real pin and allow it to go low in response to a real signal?

More
28 Aug 2022 16:45 #250622 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Lathe Spindle Encoder
"How about it could I use HAL to do that to a real pin and allow it to go low in response to a real signal?"

You can change the polarity of input signals. but if an input requires a pullup or pulldown resistor,
that's typically determined by the interface hardware, not software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drummond

More
28 Aug 2022 22:08 #250659 by drummond
Replied by drummond on topic Lathe Spindle Encoder
Thanks,

That makes sense.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds