or2 example correct ? need to flip on VFD with coolant requests

More
11 Dec 2022 00:47 #259168 by rodw
So you'll be fine until you add your through tool coolant now :)
Then you might need an or3 which does not exist
You could daisy chain things in hal or you could use that as a really simple example to write your own custom component based on or2.comp
Its so simple or2 is achieved with one line of code...
Source is in github github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master.../components/or2.comp
Use of halcompile is well documented linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/hal/comp.html
Any custom components are treated as if they are core code once built and installed which is very cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2022 01:04 #259170 by smc.collins
next up is learning how to add gcode the to IOcontroller, the whole remap m6 call toolchanger thing, really irks me.

I started dusting off my programming concepts books, haven't cracked them since my freshman yr of highschool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
13 Dec 2022 02:37 #259291 by andypugh

next up is learning how to add gcode the to IOcontroller, the whole remap m6 call toolchanger thing, really irks me.

The only reason you need a remap (which could be in Python rather than G-code if you wanted) is to handle the release and lock phases. That's something that carousel doesn't do. Initially it was going to be, but when I found myself creating a whole toolchange-definition programming language from scratch I realised that it wasn't sensible to try to handle all possible sequences in a single component. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds