yalang yl620 VFD configuration issues with QTDragon

More
08 Dec 2022 17:52 #258904 by dashy81
Hi All,Newbie to Linuxcnc. I'm working on a hobby cnc build and have decided to take a leap of faith with linuxcnc :-)Its a PNC build. Unfortunately instead of Huyang I got a yalang 620a VFD.Just wanted to confirm if we have this VFD fully supported in linuxcnc HAl.The wiki for PNC mentions steps for Huyang VFD : wiki.printnc.info/en/controllers/linuxcnc/vfdWith community help and following the wiki I could get it partially working with qtdragon.I need to know if the HAl component for yalang 620a is available and I can follow steps 4 in the wiki which is vfd.hal configuration for Huanyang VFD.Immediate issue with the classic ladder Isee are :1. Primary issue: gcode starts executing before the spindle comes to speed.... i have broken 3 endmills by now :-)    Temporary workaround I've is to add g4 P10 just after spindle start in every gcode manually. but I want to have a proper fix.2. I can not see the spindle speed and other parameters on the QtDragon UI.I'm attaching my partially working config files. Please have a look and help me out. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2022 00:40 #258947 by andypugh
I don't see a driver for the Yalang VFD in the docs.

But bear in mind that the hy_vfd driver is to allow the VFD to be controlled by modbus. Even without a specific driver it should be possible to control it with relays and analogue voltage (often built-in to the breakout board)

More
09 Dec 2022 00:46 #258948 by andypugh
For the spindle-at-speed problem, I have had a look and didn't find where this pin is from:

vfd.spindle-at-speed

Is your classic-ladder meant to be handling spindle-at-speed calculation? I imagine that is possible, though it is generally handed in HAL (with a "near" component) or using a signal from the VFD.

More
09 Dec 2022 13:46 #258999 by dashy81
I have no idea... its just a copy from here and there...
I'm having more success following this thread configuration:
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/45552-need-help...n-hd?start=20#258937
But the prob is that I can not get qtdragon_hd to show up in options in the pncconf even though the files are present in /usr/share/

At the moment I'm using axis ui generated files but they are creating a mess as sme of the axis configuration is also there... If you could help me getting the qtdragon_hd to show up in pncconf to do a clean configuration folder thet would help a lot

More
09 Dec 2022 14:03 #259002 by andypugh
You don't need a new config to change the GUI. Just change the GUI name in the [DISPLAY] section of the INI.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds