USB handwheel

More
06 Jan 2023 17:29 #261104 by Wusel
USB handwheel was created by Wusel
hello everybody,
on my LuxMill I use a Mesa7i76 which works fine. Later I added a USB Handwheel which took me a while to get to work but that was mostly due to Linux and getting the device talking to Linux.
Later I used the same handwheel with the LuxTurn which I was driving via a Mesa 7i96s. Apart from the fact that  some buttons are called differently I got it working wihin half a day. On my Isel Mill I now also use the 7i96s and thought it would be a quick copy and paste job.
I got it working as far as it homes when pressing the homing butten, Spindle start/stop, zeroing the axis, selecting the axis, so basically everyhing except that I cannot jog the axis when turning the handwheel. In the hal monitor I see the counters couting up and down and jog is enabled but I get no movement., also the values in the display don't change neither. In notice in the Hal Monitor that the pin axis.x.wheel-jog-active never changes state (when I selected the x-Axis) whereas it does on the LuxMill. So I gather this is some hint where I should start looking for the cause bus I don't know what alters the jog-active pin?
I attach both, the Luxturn and the Isel hal and ini and the corresponding handwheel hals. Ist there anything obvious I am missing (I guess yes) but hope you spot it right away
Rainer

File Attachment:

File Name: ImesWieland.hal
File Size:15 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ImesWieland.ini
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: LuxTurn_LT...1-06.hal
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: LuxTurn_LT...1-06.ini

File Attachment:

File Name: handrad_imes.hal
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: handrad_lathe.hal
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2023 21:02 #261124 by Wusel
Replied by Wusel on topic USB handwheel
I got a little bit further but it still doesn't make sense to me. The handwheel works after I measured or at least declared a tool. so if i type M61 Q1 and change then from MDI mode back to manual mode I can move the axis via the handwheel?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
07 Jan 2023 18:11 #261184 by COFHAL
Replied by COFHAL on topic USB handwheel
You use the Martzis card, I have the same one with version 3.1. Despite the fact that the Pnconfig application recognizes it, I have not been able to find out what each of the entries is and to which each one on the card corresponds to each input.0.btn. You could post a list of each card entry to which pin in LCN corresponds. Another question, is there a different firmware version for this card?

More
07 Jan 2023 20:11 #261190 by Wusel
Replied by Wusel on topic USB handwheel
I dind't even know that one can configure it in PNCconfig.
The way I worked my way through the buttons was via the Hal monitor. I activated all inputs and the loked where the yellow light comes on when I press a button. The names changed significantly from 7i76e to 7i96s.
In the attached file you can see fairly self explanatory which button does what: Here a summary:
move-X Y Z A to 0     --       input.0.btn-base  
homming all axis      --        input.0.btn-pinkie
set all axis to 0        --         input.0.btn-trigger-happy7 # das ist der Axis[000]Zero Knopf
set selected axis to 0 --      input.0.btn-thumb2           # das ist der Axis[0]Zero Knopf
select X-axis           --        input.0.btn-trigger-happy5  # X-Achs Wahltaste
select Y-axis           --        input.0.btn-trigger-happy4  # Y-Achs Wahltaste
select Z-axis           --        input.0.btn-trigger-happy6  # Z-Achs Wahltaste
 select a-axis         --         input.0.btn-trigger-happy3
cooling on-off          --         input.0.btn-thumb
spindle on/off         --           input.0.btn-trigger-happy1 #Spindel Drehknopf drücken
scaling of jog distance --      input.0.key-301, input.0.key-300,  input.0.btn-base6
jog mode              --           input.0.key-302

program start        --    input.0.btn-top2
progtam stop        --        input.0.btn-top

these are the ones i programmed so far. Does this help? As far as other firmware ist concerned, I have no idea
Rainer

File Attachment:

File Name: handrad_im...1-07.hal
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds