Classicladder Subroutines

More
21 Mar 2018 01:13 #107648 by sqmathlete
Hi all,

I am working on a CNC Lathe that has a lot of functions that I want to handle in classic ladder by compartmentalizing things into sub routines. Is there a way to increase the number of call coils for subroutines? I had hoped that by increasing numSections that this would happen but, apparently not...

Kind Regards,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 20:46 #107695 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Classicladder Subroutines
The number of sub routines is not configurable - other then modifing and recompiling the program.
Depending on what you are doing - classicladder also supports sequential programming.
Sequential programming builds a state machine that runs other ladder routines as each state transitions.
Might be cleaner - might be a pain - i don't think it's used much.

Chris M

More
30 Mar 2018 14:35 #108108 by sqmathlete
Sequential programming does seem to have potential and when you say "state machine" l can't help but think that that type of ladder logic may be useful with the ethercat hal-driver...I need to dig deeper. However for now, I found that by using the Mission pattern I have enough sub-routines to handle everything.

Should I choose to "modify and recompile" any idea what/where that file is called. I'm running the development files anyways. 10 subroutines for a state machine doesn't seem like much.

Kind regards,
Dan

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds