getting newest version of CL to load on computer with LCNC

More
21 Jan 2021 00:38 #196043 by The Feral Engineer
I want to poke around through the newest version of classicladder. I've used it on my windows PC but it tends to be a bit buggy because it's running what appears to be a linux backend of sorts while it's running, so I downloaded the latest version but can't get it to work on my linux computer

anyone try this before? did you have any success? I know a lot of you guys aren't even fans of CL, but I happen to be :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 16:41 #196099 by Todd Zuercher
I have no experience with newer versions of CL. Only the one bundled with Linuxcnc. Unfortunately there were a lot of modifications made to CL to work with Linuxcnc. Because of divergent development in CL newer verions are not compatible with the version of CL in Linuxcnc and updating it has been deemed not worth the effort (if not impossible) by the Linuxcnc developers.

(I've wondered if porting a different ladder program to Linuxcnc might be a better option. But I'm simply a user and don't have the programming skills for any of it.)

More
21 Jan 2021 16:45 #196100 by The Feral Engineer
Yeah i don't want to update the one in lcnc, i just want to mess around with the newer version because of the additional edit features. I believe i can still save the files as older version clp

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds