Classicladder sending M code back to Linucnc Possible ?

More
15 Aug 2021 11:52 #217803 by my1987toyota
I finally got a working PnP Ladder logic operational and I am now looking to inprove it. Currently I am using M64 P## to signal a
feeder to fire and M65 P## to reset for the next feeder command. My question is, Is it possible to have ClassicLadder issue
the M65 P## instead of me writting it into the Gcode ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2021 16:35 #217830 by aleksamc
Try to to connect PLC output to halui.mdi-command-xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
16 Aug 2021 17:03 #217897 by Aciera
Mind you, you cannot get classicladder to issue a gcode command while in AUTO mode (ie while running a gcode program). AUTO mode and MDI mode are mutually exclusive.

More
20 Aug 2021 11:32 #218232 by my1987toyota

Mind you, you cannot get classicladder to issue a gcode command while in AUTO mode (ie while running a gcode program). AUTO mode and MDI mode are mutually exclusive.

I was wondering if that's the case . Looks like I will have to get to work on an M1## code. For now though I will have to continue using
M64 and M65 codes . Or continue refining my Ladder logic.

More
04 Sep 2021 14:08 #219606 by my1987toyota
 Well I no longer need M64 and M65 to fire the feeders . It was actually easier to write individual M1## codes to perform the
same function except way better. I had to change the ladder logic a little bit to get the feeders to fire correctly but Ironicly
it shortened the ladder read time . The catch ( their's always a catch ) is I have to currently use 48 seperate M1## codes
for the current setup to work. The next step is to write a Bash scheme to utillize the P word so that I need only 1 M1##
to actuate the feeders. One BIG caveat,  I am not a Bash , Python, or C programmer so it will take me a while to get up to
speed on making this next step work ,sigh . Problem number 2 for some dumb reason I cant get the LinuxPnP computer to
recognize the M1## codes . I got my computer at home to see them just fine . The exacutable box is
check marked on the properties tab for each M1## file. I'm not sure if it's a 6i26 / 7i76 problem or what.
That said I do know the codes work. (at home at least)

More
04 Sep 2021 15:46 #219613 by Aciera
Are you getting any error messages in the terminal?

More
04 Sep 2021 22:30 #219630 by my1987toyota

Are you getting any error messages in the terminal?

The only warning I have seen is in linuxcnc " unknown M code used  ". Though I will say
I haven't look on terminal to see what it comes up with . Mainly because I don't know
what I am doing in that regard .

More
04 Sep 2021 22:49 #219631 by my1987toyota
here are a couple of my M codes. Maybe someone will see something I am missing.

File Attachment:

File Name: M100.txt
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: M101.txt
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: M102.txt

File Attachment:

File Name: M103.txt
Attachments:

More
04 Sep 2021 23:45 #219639 by my1987toyota
  So from one of my very recently acquired books (Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible ) I went onto my 
home system to see if it would show if the files are executable . I cd to the linuxcnc file , cd to nc_files , cd to M_codes file
then ls -l the M codes. So far ( on my home system at least  ) they all read executable. I wonder if I will have to manually
set the M1## bash files on the system at work to executable.

More
05 Sep 2021 00:51 #219644 by tommylight
No need for terminal to set permissions, usually, all file explorers on Linux can do "right click>properties" and there should be a tab with permissions.
or
sudo chmod +x filename
:)
Quote from somewhere on the net:
Linux is very user friendly, it is just very picky who his friends are !
:)

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds