Turning - using IPR instead of IPM?

More
09 May 2013 10:02 #33809 by Zahnrad Kopf
Does LinuxCNC support IPR ( Inch Per Revolution ) or IPT ( Inch Per Tooth ) < for drilling >? I tried to search for it, but didn't get any hits just now. Very common, so surprised at a lack of info on it. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2013 11:12 #33810 by cmorley
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/gco...sec:G93-G94-G95-Mode

probably should be added to the lathe user information section.... John T what you think?

Chris M

More
09 May 2013 17:07 #33816 by Zahnrad Kopf

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/gco...sec:G93-G94-G95-Mode

probably should be added to the lathe user information section.... John T what you think?

Chris M

Ah! Okay. My mistake. I should have known to search for it by G code. I'll just be over here, feeling silly...

Thanks.

More
09 May 2013 18:11 #33818 by BigJohnT
Arrrg, I almost had duplicate info in the lathe section... fixed and added feed per rev.

John

More
09 May 2013 18:43 #33822 by Zahnrad Kopf
Great. Thank you.
By the by, I was reading your NGCGUI stuff last night. Thank you for posting it up there.

More
09 May 2013 18:45 #33823 by BigJohnT
I really love ngcgui and use it for 95% of all Ops on my lathe.

John

More
09 May 2013 18:50 - 09 May 2013 18:51 #33824 by Zahnrad Kopf

I really love ngcgui and use it for 95% of all Ops on my lathe. John

If I am understanding it correctly, it comes fairly close to a good conversational programming tool. I will definitely be playing with it a bit.
On a related note, I will very likely be pinging you for input/advice/assistance on this retrofit, given that you've been here before. :)
Will be ordering a bunch of stuff in the next week or so in effort to hit the ground running. Will start with the replacement stepper drivers and MESA cards.
After, I'll concentrate on getting the operator panel laid out and made.

Thanks.
Last edit: 09 May 2013 18:51 by Zahnrad Kopf.

More
09 May 2013 19:56 #33831 by BigJohnT
Actually it is much more powerful than a conversational control. You can program many steps then concatenate them into a full program in a matter of minutes. My preferred way when doing multiple parts is to program each step, test it, make adjustments then concatenate them. You can also have multiple steps with the same subroutine by clicking on the new button. Say you have a part with 3 different OD's, you create 3 copies of the OD subroutine and enter the values for each one.

John

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds