Corner rounding

More
03 May 2018 19:22 #110139 by smplc
Replied by smplc on topic Corner rounding
Previous simulation tracers remain. Rerun with or without tool compensation retraces most tracks. LinuxCNC Axis panel has to Quit and OK to open. I might reset tool geometry too.

It appears requirment at Tool Table a Diam in box to enable tool nose, geometry and orientation graphically. It was expected if G42.1 D.0625 L2 wouldn't recover specifications from Tool Table and provide tool nose, geometry and orientation graphically. Tool nose radius still calculates on DRO.

G42 D1 maybe adequate.

Correct, 0 Diam won't do corner rounding. Just make sure rough pass leaves enough allowance with .0312 TNR if corner rounding and for 0 TNR finish pass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2018 19:46 #110140 by smplc
Tool Table and Diam probably needed with G42.1 that L2 recovers Lead and Back angles. G42.1 D_ overrules Table Table Diam.

More
03 May 2018 20:29 #110144 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Corner rounding
I can't help feeling that we are having completely different conversations where I don't understand what you are saying and you don't understand what I am saying.

More
03 May 2018 21:54 #110148 by smplc
I understand enough and tool comp resolved.

More
04 May 2018 14:36 #110206 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Corner rounding
Andy is correct, the rounding that you are seeing is the necessary path to make your programmed path with the current tool selected.

More
04 May 2018 16:25 #110213 by smplc
I could understand if the rounding is just a profile around the corner, doesn't undercut and leaves it sharp.

Reminder control point is compensated coordinates. Tool geometry image hovers above profile because not compensated coordinates.

I programmed a RH OD finish profile including a 45 degree diamond with a .150R at it's peak. Compensation req'd G42.1. Simulated DRO appears accurate.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds