Starting from scratch (again) - Lathe gears

More
14 Feb 2020 22:26 #157379 by andypugh

So lets say in the middle of a program I switch from a turning to a partoff or something and the RPM change (in the program) drops from 1500 to 600 or something, will I, the user, see anything on the screen reminding me to switch gears or which gear to change into?

Not with my mill config.

And not with my lathe config either, that can change gear electronically and will.

Neither of my configs suit you, but the fact that both exists indicates that what you want is possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2020 23:45 #157388 by mooser
Thanks Andy, I'm storing all this info away for hopefully use as starting points. I think my situation is similar to what marius was talking about but he seems to have disappeared a few months ago so I can't ask.

I'm going to get something I can deal with on at least 2 gears, maybe just a high and low range for now and a chart on the wall.
Once that's done I can maybe sit and start learning a bit about how some of these various things work. I've got some (old) programing experience but this is all new pastures to me.
Seems like each time I think I've got something working I screw something else up :)
Included the RPM widget thing, Installed your macros and had them working, added in my USB pendant and now the RPM tab has blocked off half of the macro tab and it doesn't work again... probably need to change the order something loads but I'm just monkey-fisting my way around without really knowing what I'm doing...

Thanks again Andy, really appreciate the patience all of you guys have for us hobbyist wandering around in here
M

More
15 Feb 2020 00:06 #157389 by andypugh

Thanks again Andy, really appreciate the patience all of you guys have for us hobbyist wandering around in here
M

I am a hobbyist too, you know. It's just that I have two hobbies, machining and coding. :-)

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds