Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.

More
20 Jun 2021 10:38 #212473 by RotarySMP
Thanks for the link, but will switch to AC servos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piasdom, arvidb, tommylight, anfänger, DoWerna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2021 06:48 #217473 by RotarySMP
Yesterday I went to take a look at this Schaublin 125CNC, as it was only 60km from home.
www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufe...schaublin-483941779/

Shame it didn't come up for sale earlier, as it appears in a similarly good mechanical condition as mine. Harry bought it with a partially complete Mach 3 / Stepper conversion, but was in the process of a Siemens Sinumerik conversion when life got in the way. Really nice guy, so if any of you are looking for a project, get it before some one else snaps it up.
Mark

More
11 Aug 2021 11:05 #217517 by andypugh

with a partially complete Mach 3 / Stepper conversion,

Oh, the poor thing!

More
11 Aug 2021 15:46 #217554 by RotarySMP
Yeah really. Some idiot had hacked the end of the Z ball screw off, where it mounts the overload clutch and pulley. Luckily Harry has the connections to weld the stump back on and got it precision gound back concentric.

More
15 Aug 2021 18:27 - 16 Aug 2021 06:13 #217836 by RotarySMP
Another little step forward on this project.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2021 06:13 by RotarySMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piasdom, arvidb, tommylight, anfänger, Aciera

More
22 Aug 2021 10:03 #218395 by RotarySMP
Another installment, of this trilogy in 56 parts...
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, tommylight, anfänger, Aciera

More
14 Sep 2021 13:20 - 14 Sep 2021 13:34 #220587 by RotarySMP
The major components for the retrofit are slowing coming together. One of the goals is to shrink the space required by the Pneumatics significantly.

To advance that goal, I have bought this valve terminal...

I need six valves, and a separation between a single service with dry air and the rest lubricated. Also a mix of 2 way and four way valves (which Festo doesn't do, so it will be 5/3 and 3/2 valves). This module was on ebay germany and is the closest I could find with its divider module, mix of valve modules, endplates etc. This Festo CPV stuff is like advanced lego :)

It comes with the Fieldbus electrical interface module which seems to support a few protocols.

I saw that there is a PyProfibus HAL comp in the github.
github.com/mbuesch/pyprofibus
The git hub has a dead link to pyprofibus hardware documentation

I have searched this forum for more information about this comp, and other than a link to the 130 page Ethercat thread, dont find any worked examples. Is there a simple way to control a Fieldbus device through mesa cards, and LinuxCNC with the pyprofibux comp? I dont see the lathe needing realtime control of it's pneumatics, as it all just stuff you use during set up. (Tool change, tailstock and collet clamping, coolant valve, backgear)  Or should i just bite the bullet and buy a second terminal unit with a simple Multipol connector, and drive the individual valves with discrete wiring from Mesa outputs.

Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 13:34 by RotarySMP.

More
14 Sep 2021 13:29 #220589 by andypugh

I have searched this forum for more information about this comp, and other than a link to the 130 page Ethercat thread, dont find any worked examples.

Is there a simple way to control a Fieldbus device through mesa cards, and LinuxCNC with the pyprofibux comp?

Not that I can see. The driver seem to want to find a node in /dev/
github.com/mbuesch/pyprofibus/blob/maste...200s/pyprofibus.conf

And the Messa card UARTs etc are not accessed that way, generally.

It probably could be done, but it's probably not the easy way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
14 Sep 2021 13:40 #220591 by RotarySMP
Thanks Andy, I suspected that would be the case. Luckily the multipol interface module for the CPV10 seems common enough.

www.ebay.at/itm/283951730912?ssPageName=...p2060353.m1438.l2649

The pinout is well documented in the festo manual:

Mark
Attachments:

More
14 Sep 2021 13:41 - 14 Sep 2021 13:42 #220592 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Schaublin 125-CNC retrofit.
Maybe this helps:
github.com/mbuesch/pyprofibus/blob/master/doc/hardware.rst

Using the Linux serial port is a supported way to connect pyprofibus to a Profibus network. On some boards it may only supports low baud rates of up to about 19200 baud. However that depends on the actual serial transceiver hardware. On certain embedded boards with flexible serial hardware, high baudrates such as 1.5 MBaud may also be possible.To run pyprofibus on serial port configure pyprofibus as follows:[PHY]
type=serial
dev=/dev/ttyS0
baud=19200

Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 13:42 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds