TB6560AHQ driver

More
23 Apr 2010 19:47 #2659 by CAD_Ricko
TB6560AHQ driver was created by CAD_Ricko
Hi everyone Ive just found your forum and its a goldmine of information but my story is one big fry up;)
that is to say I bought a 3 axis kit on ebay and as I had a 36v psu lying around I thought I'd check the board out soo I connected up the board to the psu just that no steppers and everything looked good :laugh: until of course I thought well just connect up the steppers for a few minutes and set them up to see how they run everything held up ok for about 10 minutes ( have you ever noticed that as soon as you turn away things start to happen?) well I turned away and things happened suddenly :huh: all I heard was this popping kind of crack sound and smelt frying chips and it most certainly was not the potatoe variety, I hit the juice button but to late .
I thought I'd be able to reclaim the board and as it happened there was a guy on ebay selling the latest version of the driver at a great price and he was UK based so I got 3 of him but when I investigated some more it wasnt just the drivers that had departed but a few other things had gone the same way and I came to the conclusion that I could get a suntan quicker in a blizzard than resurrect this 3 axis board:ohmy:
As I've got three TB6560AHQ driver chips I thought what the heck in for a penny in for a pound I started to surf looking for driver board circuits that have been designed around this chip so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most gratefull.
regards to you all hope you enjoyed my little saga:laugh: :laugh:
Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2010 11:59 #2671 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:TB6560AHQ driver
Usually the "bargin boards" are not much for running a real cnc machine of any type and as you have found out not very reliable. They can often cost you more in the long run when you purchase them then have to go out and purchase some real driver boards like Gecko and such.

What kind of machine are you building?

John

More
24 Apr 2010 16:14 - 24 Apr 2010 16:17 #2676 by CAD_Ricko
Replied by CAD_Ricko on topic Re:TB6560AHQ driver
Hi John I want to build a small router for small wood inlays its been an ongoing project with me for the past couple of years so bearings a materials I've got together a kress router head ,I'm retired now thanks to redundancy:laugh: so now I'm working through a list of todo's:lol: acording to my boss lady but after that its the router project ,I thought that the kit I got would be ideal but alas got the nema 23 motors just lacking a bit of drive if you follow my drift, still we live and learn.
At the moment I've started to model my idea up in 3d.
regards
Rick
Last edit: 24 Apr 2010 16:17 by CAD_Ricko.

More
24 Apr 2010 21:15 #2689 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:TB6560AHQ driver
For stepper driven projects I like the Gecko drives and purchase my steppers from Automation Direct. Can't beat that combo. A G251 drive at $69 with an 276 OZ-IN, NEMA 23, TRIPLE STACK, BIPOLAR from AD at $39 is a good bargain and is reliable hardware.

John

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds