Description of LED's on the 7i84 card

More
27 Apr 2014 21:06 #46373 by akb1212
I'm trying to get my Mesa setup working. So far I haven't had much success. There are probably many reasons for that. But during my search for what could be wrong I try to go through each card and find the errors.

When trying to work out if my 7i84 card was working as expected I took a look at the LED's on the cards. Ther is a red LED which is lit, indicating there is something wrong. This is in the vincinity of the RJ 45 connector, so I'm assuming it's got something to to with communication.

To find out I consulted the manual to find what the different LED's mean. The manual I downloaded from Mesanet (ver 1.5) doesn't say anything about the LED's. Is this a miss or is the info in there somewhere and I just didn't find it? I did use the search function to search for "led" though, and didn't find anything.

I wasn't able to configure the card from the PnCConf Wizard since there is no file for that card in there now. That might be the cause of the red LED. But I'd like to know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2014 22:00 #46375 by PCW
There should be some information on the status LEDs in the 7I84 manual but its missing
I will add this when I get a chance.

The red LED indicates a 7I84 fault. This is expected when the host machine is not
communicating with the 7i84 (Linuxcnc is not running) since at the minimum there will be a watchdog fault

More
28 Apr 2014 07:30 - 28 Apr 2014 07:31 #46407 by Duc

I'm trying to get my Mesa setup working. So far I haven't had much success. There are probably many reasons for that. But during my search for what could be wrong I try to go through each card and find the errors.

When trying to work out if my 7i84 card was working as expected I took a look at the LED's on the cards. Ther is a red LED which is lit, indicating there is something wrong. This is in the vincinity of the RJ 45 connector, so I'm assuming it's got something to to with communication.

To find out I consulted the manual to find what the different LED's mean. The manual I downloaded from Mesanet (ver 1.5) doesn't say anything about the LED's. Is this a miss or is the info in there somewhere and I just didn't find it? I did use the search function to search for "led" though, and didn't find anything.

I wasn't able to configure the card from the PnCConf Wizard since there is no file for that card in there now. That might be the cause of the red LED. But I'd like to know.

I was unable to get the card running in PNCCONF but once I launch Linuxcnc the light changes from red to blinking green. If I remember correctly in the manual it states you must have field power for the card to function for the I/O
Last edit: 28 Apr 2014 07:31 by Duc.

More
29 Apr 2014 07:39 #46451 by PCW
The 7i84 manual has been updated to include information on the four 7I84 status LEDs

More
30 Apr 2014 03:46 #46481 by akb1212
Thanks!

Great support!

I fired up LinuxCNC and behold, the LED's changed as expected. A steady blinking green LED as explained in the manual.

I found the pins in Hal Config too, deeply buried in there. I will now start experimenting to learn more how to configure it. I will also connect it to my 7i74. But that will have to be tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds