Input/Output Miscalculation Problem

More
14 Aug 2014 01:21 #49828 by Zahnrad Kopf

Thanks, Andy. Good to know. Are you referring to the membrane type, or the PC board with actual push buttons? .

"Matrix" is a wiring method. Membrane keypads and ordinary keyboards are matrix-wired, but anything else can be too. The switches don't even have to be physically arranged in a matrix to be wired that way.
As it happens I don't have enough buttons for it to be worth the effort, I use (and like) the "Touchy" GUI.

Ahhaaaaa... just went and looked up Matrix Wiring. Okay. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 05:01 - 16 Aug 2014 05:02 #49907 by DaBit
I didn't look into it, but I suppose you can do that with 7i77 outputs, inputs and some HAL wizardry too. 6 outputs and 6 inputs would give you the ability to interface 36 pushbuttons.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2014 05:02 by DaBit.

More
16 Aug 2014 06:57 #49910 by andypugh

I didn't look into it, but I suppose you can do that with 7i77 outputs, inputs and some HAL wizardry too.

There isn't much HAL wizardry involved, that is one mode of the matrix_kb HAL component:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/matrix_kb.9.html

More
16 Aug 2014 08:31 #49911 by Zahnrad Kopf

I didn't look into it, but I suppose you can do that with 7i77 outputs, inputs and some HAL wizardry too.

There isn't much HAL wizardry involved, that is one mode of the matrix_kb HAL component:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/matrix_kb.9.html

That's pretty interesting, Andy. Thanks for pointing it out.
Sure is a lot to learn these days. Simple old Toolbreaker such as myself isn't always up to it as much it seems... :)

Still, Dave gave me a good smacking and I did re-do my planning of the pendant's hard buttons. Reduced things by half. Down to about 16 momentary switches now. Gonna let up on my unease/mistrust and let soft buttons do the rest.

Thanks.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds