Wiring the 7i48 Analog servo card.

More
11 Feb 2015 02:17 #55874 by NeoTech
So ive been diving deep into documentation.. And come up with some sort of plan.
But one thing that makes me bit frustrated over and over is the fact the encoder needs to be wired both to the driver, in my Case Argon driver, and to the Controller card.

I have a 15pin differential encoder, so it will work - but it seems i need to parallell couple the A/B/Z channel with the drive board as well.
Reading into the 7i48 card it seems that the card can run RS-422 differential signaling just fine. But it was mentioned to me that it need to be correctly terminated with a resistor.
further reading tells me the 7i48 has a resistor onboard, and im guessing here thats for termination ??

Am i right?

For utter and total confusion i made this.. well excel table basicly to figure out what i should wire where per axis.

The colors represents what to wire were in a same same color pattern, and sure you need to keep track of +/- for each connection and ground..
If there is something wrong in this, please tell me so now, before i wire this up and fuck up hardware for way to much cash :D

Link to the actual excel file.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u0vVnGZn...N9PaSPE_4/edit#gid=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds