5i25 with PMDX126

More
26 Aug 2016 13:26 #79482 by Spectre
Replied by Spectre on topic 5i25 with PMDX126
Hi Bruce

I see you are in Oz as well from some of your posts. Are you using LCNC or PathPilot. I know essentially they are the same but I have been doing a bit of research on PathPilot and I like the GUI a lot. There seems to be a fair bit of mucking around though to get the HAL files and other internal flash stuff enabled or disabled to stop overwriting etc using PP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2016 13:27 #79483 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 5i25 with PMDX126

I can say my machine sounds and performs 10 times better on LCNC/Pathpilot than it EVER did on Mach 3. I was even using an ethernet smoothstepper which, to be honest, was just a pain in the butt. You will not regret ever moving from Mach3 to LCNC, it is so far superior it is not funny.

I have to agree with this statement.
I also do not understand why people find it hard to configure it as i find it much easier than mach3, but that is a subject for another discussion.

More
26 Aug 2016 14:00 #79493 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic 5i25 with PMDX126
Yup, I'm in Aus, 50K's outside Sydney. I am currently using Pathpilot via P/port but started with stock LCNC to get my machine working (a Mechmate with dual X motors) which was tricky at first. The replacement with PathPilot wasn't too bad after I figured out my problems I was having, some of them were brain fade on my part.

More
07 Sep 2016 23:40 #80196 by Spectre
Racedirector...do you have LCNC running on your PMDX-126?. I have just hooked mine up and I cant get it to power up correctly. The relay for the machine on the PMDX I can get to pull in but then the power button on LCNC wont work

Can you send me a copy of your hal and ini files please

More
08 Sep 2016 09:52 - 08 Sep 2016 09:55 #80213 by racedirector
Sure, I'll dig them out of my machine. Just so you know, I still don't have a 5i25 yet, fully running with a parallel port at the moment and using Pathpilot for the screen.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Sep 2016 09:55 by racedirector. Reason: Added files

More
08 Sep 2016 13:09 #80221 by racedirector
JT

I am hoping to order at least a 5i25 in the coming week to hook up to my PMDX126 in my attempt to offload some of the processing from my CPU but would like all the inputs and outputs to be available. The PMDX has 2 parallel ports on board and and extra set of inputs and outputs, most of which I used under Mach3 when I used that with an ethernet Smoothstepper. Is it possible to get that happening under the 5i25?

Cheers
Bruce

More
08 Sep 2016 15:23 #80228 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 5i25 with PMDX126
Should be. The 5i25 has the on board DB25 plus a header for a standard DB25 backplate breakout.

There are other Mesa boards with up to 96 pins, but not in the DB25 format.

More
09 Sep 2016 22:24 #80264 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic 5i25 with PMDX126

JT

I am hoping to order at least a 5i25 in the coming week to hook up to my PMDX126 in my attempt to offload some of the processing from my CPU but would like all the inputs and outputs to be available. The PMDX has 2 parallel ports on board and and extra set of inputs and outputs, most of which I used under Mach3 when I used that with an Ethernet Smoothstepper. Is it possible to get that happening under the 5i25?

Cheers
Bruce

The DB25F to IDC26 Cable converts the inside port to a DB25 cable so you can have two parallel port type of cables. I think the 5i25_g540x2.bit firmware is the same as two parallel ports(I'll check).

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

More
10 Sep 2016 02:56 #80276 by racedirector
Thanks JT

It was the firmware I was unsure of, the only one I have seen for the 126 only had the single set of inputs & outputs

More
10 Sep 2016 03:25 #80277 by Spectre
Hi Racedirector

I have my PMDX running on a std parallel port sort of I could not get the power working from LCNC to turn on the machine there needed to be a different line put into the hal file. CNCbasher has been very helpful with this all, I hate to keep annoying her but I am just about over this hump. The machine moves everywhere with the keyboard and also the GUI. I was having homing issues but seem to have that sorted now but I have a real weirdo at the moment. The machine will ref now on Z and X but will not move the Y axis at all when I use the ref all button. Yet I can control the Y axis with all the other controls. Have you seen this?. I thought maybe a computer issue so I have another clean PC here I setup with a fresh version of LCNC and just put my INI and HAL files into it and it does exactly the same thing. Yet I can not find anything missing in those files.

The line of code that got the machine power working is here

net motion-enabled charge-pump.enable motion.motion-enabled

net estop-out charge-pump.enable iocontrol.o.user-enable-on this is the line that got replaced and then the Estop and power buttons worked fine on axis

I used the machine power circuit from PMDX its the first one on the page

Once I get this last issue sorted with the Y axis doing ref to home it will be ready to use.

The next step is to replave the internal parallel port with the 5I25 mesa I have here. I will probably run it as a parallel port out at first then look at installing the 7I76 a little later. I want to get used to the LCNC software first.

If any of the mesa gurus here are reading this will I actually notice any difference by going from the std parallel port built on the motherboard to the 5I25 configured as a parallel port?

I have attached my 2 main files so if anyone else is having the same issues this may help them along

Anyone who may have seen this ref home issue it would be nice for any advice please
Attachments:

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds