Mesa 7i80 and positioning in the background

More
11 Mar 2016 08:20 #71382 by jeeybee
Hello

I wonder if I can have a cnc program running and at the same time for example in a plc program position another axis in the background indepenantly of the other axis?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2016 12:50 #71391 by Todd Zuercher
I think that depends on what you mean by "axis". I think you could position a motor, but not a Cartesian axis or joint that is defined as part of an axis. I could be wrong about this as I've never tried.

More
11 Mar 2016 15:10 #71409 by jeeybee
Hello Todd

I mean that if I have a 3-axis portal cnc machine for pick and place applications and for example would like to have stepper motor to move a part forward for picking up or driving a belt to get the parts in/out or feeding a label or whatever needs doing but that should not concern or affect the main three axis, just run it self in the background.

More
11 Mar 2016 16:59 #71433 by Todd Zuercher
I think that would be possible. You can use the hal component limi3 as a rudimentary motion controller to control velocity and acceleration of your commands for the motor as well.

More
14 Mar 2016 08:43 #71610 by jeeybee
Ok thanks.
Do you know if its possible to issue a motion directly from the PLC in LinuxCNC?

More
14 Mar 2016 15:16 #71640 by Todd Zuercher
Do you mean Classicladder when you say "PLC" or are you referring to an actual PLC connected to your machine?

I don't think Classicladder would have those capabilities directly, but it could indirectly via some hal components.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds