Bricked 7i76e

More
19 Aug 2018 17:37 #116335 by Mike_Eitel
Bricked 7i76e was created by Mike_Eitel
Hi PCW

I bricked my 7i76e. Don't understand not yet how. Probably some "back tention" from my stepper drivers. Eventually grounding problem. Now i have to be very cautious with my spare card....

I'll be in Portland OR beginning of September. Do you think it is possible to send it from there to you to get it repaired, if possible, and have it back in Portland till i fly back three weeks after?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2018 17:49 #116336 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Bricked 7i76e
Yes I can look at it but this was caused by a power issue The FPGA may be damaged and that is not really possible to repair.

You can not normally damage the card with step/ dir connections, unless you connect them to a power source of > 7V or connect the 5V stepper
common power to an external power source.

More
19 Aug 2018 19:21 #116341 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Bricked 7i76e
I had no step/dir connected, nor any other io!
Only 7i74 and there the connected LCD is killed also. But 7i47 with other 7i76e seems to act normal..
Very strange.
Either ground problem between in 24/75 or in the moment not understood "reflow" to 5V.

Very strange! We will see if it can be repaired. In the moment 7i76e shows only 24v led.

Mike

P.s. I'm not unskilled in electronics etc.

More
01 Sep 2018 14:11 #116949 by Mike_Eitel
Hi PCW
I will be monday in Portland OR and what adress so i have to write on the parcel and what ist the best way to send it to you? Do i need a "repair" number.?
P.S.
If it is not repairable, pleased return a new one. I can pay easily PayPal or MasterCard when still in US.
Mike

More
01 Sep 2018 17:42 #116953 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Bricked 7i76e
You can get a RMA# by emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
01 Sep 2018 18:39 #116956 by Mike_Eitel
THX

Did it 2 min ago

More
22 Sep 2018 20:55 #117877 by Mike_Eitel
I have to report my phantastic expirience with MESA. ( Still beeing in my hiking holidays in Oregon )
Beginning of this month i send them my card to get paid repair and yes it is clearly my fault that destroid something.

Coming back to my momentary host there was a parcel with new card as "warranty repair". I'm blown away...

Such a generouse customerservice !!!

THX Peter

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds