Mesa isio parallel port card

More
31 Jul 2010 06:36 - 02 Aug 2010 06:28 #3530 by M4MazakUser
Any chance that anyone has a driver written for this card??

im writing a python module to run it -but am having a hard time getting the enable code to it.

i understand that i need to send "111010101011 0000" to it clocked by a pin, and using a timedelay in between.

but i ain't cracked it yet!
Last edit: 02 Aug 2010 06:28 by M4MazakUser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2010 07:20 #3531 by M4MazakUser
I'm wanting to use this card as An interface for relay outputs -for a four speed gearbox
Also I'm happy to use just the four inputs available for gear select positions.
(only 4 available at a time )

More
02 Aug 2010 13:35 #3559 by andypugh
As far as I know there is no EMC2 driver for this card.

I would suggest that writing a driver in "comp" might be the best plan, as then you can easily assign HAL pins to individual bits and integrate it as a realtime HAL component.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal_comp.html

You might also get some useful clues from looking at the driver for the Mesa 7i43 card (which is another P-Port card).

git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blo...01fd504d7016;hb=HEAD

Though it seems to simply use inb() and outb() to send and receive the bit patterns.

Actually, hal_parport might be more relevant, but bear in mind that the vast majority of the code for such a driver can be auto-generated by "comp"

If you do get a driver working, please submit it to the project as a whole for inclusion in the next release.

More
03 Aug 2010 13:39 #3565 by M4MazakUser
-as i am using the card for a non-time critical application (gearchange) i have written a "python" userspace driver, i am still having problems with the "enable" code.
i've contacted Mesa in regards to this, as the documentation for the card is confusing in the least.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds