Ethercat 64 bit stepper drive basic example EL7041

More
22 Dec 2018 22:21 - 22 Dec 2018 22:31 #122760 by Grotius
For the beginner users of ethercat automation :

I have made a basic configuration for the Beckhoff EK1100 buscoupler + EL7041 stepper drive.

It has a few files :

File Attachment:

File Name: el7041_2018-12-22.hal
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat-c...22-2.xml
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: grotius_20...2-22.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: tool.txt
File Size:0 KB

The files are complete to replace with a sample axis gui. gscreen, gmocappy etc will also work.

The stepper driver has also 2 digital input's, they can be used for limit switches.

To configure your driver voltage, amp's, resolution etc. you can use some command line entry's, see below.

Warning: Spoiler!

This config is tested with grotius and axis gui 22 december 2018.
Stepper speed's up to 19000 mm/min. Related to parport application's it's not much faster.

If you have no chamber of commerce, i can help you with ordering new item's trough my Beckhoff account.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2018 22:31 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03, blue0cean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2018 19:36 - 23 Dec 2018 19:43 #122791 by Grotius
Next level is to integrate the parameter settings into the linuxcnc gui.
If you have a multi axis configuration, typing command line entry's for 3 or 4 axis can take a while.
In fact you have to set driver voltage, motor current, etc for all axis separate.

To make a quick configuration possible without terminal usage, i made a gui integration example.

The main function is :
1. Load all important stepper drive settings from stepper drive 1 to stepper drive 17
2. Customize and set all important stepper drive settings from drive 1 to 17

User has to make a glade screen, just like the picture above with button's, label's and text entry's.
The attached code uses subprocess. This are terminal command's like os.system command's.
The subprocess write command's to terminal, also read value's back from terminal output.

The terminal command's are expanded with .format strings to make a kind of variable terminal command's possible.
Because Ehercat is working outside of Linuxcnc, stepper and servo driver settings can be set in a running program.
This is a big advantage ! You don't have to restart Linuxcnc.

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat_p...eter.txt
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2018 19:43 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds