Any have any luck with China Closed Loop Steppers(Hybrid) ?

More
06 Apr 2019 23:50 #130416 by buckaboobob
Been pondering about moving to closed loop... Anyone try the china closed loop steppers? Been looking at the Steppersonline ones.. I would love to hear about anyone's experiences with cheap closed loop setups...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2019 07:40 #130426 by pl7i92
it is only a wast of money
With good stepper setup yopu are more powerfull with cheeper invest

and Keep in mind the Hybrid will strict move to a commanded position as no Backfeet to the Controll

SO for Example
you cammand a Corner the Stepper X will stall/Hold for some Steps the next command comes for Y
the X will do the commanded steps regardless you are on

You need to get the Encoder signals to the Control
for good Practice

Better to Go stepper 8Nm 72V

More
07 Apr 2019 12:19 #130436 by Hakan
I think the biggest advantage with them is that the driver will tell you when it has lost a step. It can be connected to linuxcnc so the machine stops and there is a chance to save the workpiece.

The motor is said to be stronger at large velocities. Can't really say I have noticed. There isn't much to be gained in precision from the closed loop, the control isn't so stiff that it makes a difference.

But one can do things beyond that. The signals from the motor encoder can be brought into linuxcnc and now you can set up a real feedback system based on motor position. Now you can get precision benefits.

I run three Nema34 closed loop stepper and they work well. 60V and they share a 400W power supply. Seems like lightly loaded, but they are mighty strong. If you are thinking of a kit with such a motor and a driver you might as well check the servo motor options. Pricevise they are not that far apart.

More
24 Apr 2019 20:46 #131794 by buckaboobob
I looked around at servo's and they were on average double the price of a closed loop stepper.. any time the price was pretty close when I looked harder at the servo and it ended up being a closed loop stepper (Hybrid)..

I ended up ordering a set up closed loop steppers from stepperonline... They should be here some time this week so I should have time to play with them over the next week or so and see what I think of them

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds