Ethercat with several bus coupler EK1100

More
21 Jul 2019 21:03 #140115 by Nico2017
Hi all,
I am working on a project where I might need to separate my Ethercat bus into several Ethercat bus. Currently my Ethercat is suffering from some noise coming from one component and affecting another one. I was just thinking that having two buses one after another would separate the components and isolate the noise from one another.

So I was just wondering if it was possible to have several bus coupler EK1100 with several Ethercat module card for each of them and what would be the way to modify the .xml ethercat configuration file to match the configuration. So far I just need to separate my bus into two parts: one where I do not really care about the noise affecting it and another one separated, placed after the first bus, where I do not want to have any noise.

Thank you for your help,
Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2019 07:45 #140155 by pl7i92
how can the ethercat become noici

1 Broken cable
2 wrong Cable CAT7 Double shielded for Robot use
3 Wrong grounding special on Plasma

TAKE action on the noice not on the ethercat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

More
22 Jul 2019 18:29 - 22 Jul 2019 18:35 #140211 by Grotius
Nico,

So I was just wondering if it was possible to have several bus coupler EK1100 with several Ethercat module card for each of them and what would be the way to modify the .xml ethercat configuration file to match the configuration.

Nico open up your xml file...
master idx="0"
copy it like this :

<masters>
<master idx="0" appTimePeriod="15000" refClockSyncCycles="1000">
<slave idx="0" type="EK1100" name="D1"/>
</master>
<master idx="1" appTimePeriod="15000" refClockSyncCycles="1000">
<slave idx="0" type="EK1100" name="D2"/>
</master>
</masters>

Mr. Nico has to provide more information about this :
Currently my Ethercat is suffering from some noise coming from one component and affecting another one.

Is it sound or a welding application?
Last edit: 22 Jul 2019 18:35 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

More
24 Jul 2019 19:01 - 24 Jul 2019 19:25 #140455 by chimeno
Hi Nico and Grotius,
   Missing a little information for those who do not know, the network "MASTER1" must be specified in the file "/ etc / default / ethercat" then apply the changes "update-ethercat-config", the network card will find it together with the number "serial" using the command "lshw -c Network.

the tests were with the BECKHOFF FC9004 network card

regards
Chimeno
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2019 19:25 by chimeno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017, Grotius

More
01 Aug 2019 02:44 - 01 Aug 2019 02:52 #141064 by Nico2017
Hi,
the noise issue is an electromagnetic interference created by one motor drive once the motor is turned on via one etherCAT digital output signal connected to an EL2008. This motor drives then have some digital signal plugged back towards an EL1008 card to indicate it is running at speed.

This created noise is transferred via an EL4004 connected to the set points of a temperature controller, so the temperature set point value ends up being affected when I turn on my motor.

As pl7i92 is pointing out, this is likely to be coming from two things:
  • 2 wrong Cable CAT7 Double shielded for Robot use. When I did the test, my Ethernet cable was actually shielded on both end so the noise affecting the computer could have been transmitted towards the BUS via the shielding.
  • 3 Wrong grounding special on Plasma. Likely to be the case for my set up too

As a first approach, I was therefore wondering if having two physical etherCAT bus would actually "decouple" the noise coming from my motor drive and going towards my temperature controller but as pl7i92 points out, I might need to address the noise before taking further actions.

Nicolas
Last edit: 01 Aug 2019 02:52 by Nico2017. Reason: More precise answer
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, Grotius

More
10 Sep 2019 03:18 #144654 by Nico2017
Hi all,
I solved the issue using signal isolators as the noise has been identified as coming from one of my analog output.

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds