Linuxcnc with RLS rolin encoder.

More
19 Mar 2020 21:31 #160774 by andypugh

_but_ I think you lose the ability to home on
index

I _think_ that the driver creates an index-enable and uses the counts-per-rev parameter to emulate index.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...mot2/sserial.c#L2084
I don't think I have ever had a serial encoder to try it with, but it's the same code as the smart-serial encoders and it was tested there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2021 18:54 #207322 by aventtini
Did you solve the rls encoders?

I have a similar 5axis machine and also want to use some absolute encoders from rls. I also have the solution to use a incrmental quadrature, but i need a 3mm shaft and a 22mm body, 10k ppr. Im ușeing 7i95 as setup
Attachments:

More
01 May 2021 21:07 #207571 by andypugh
The encoder in the picture doesn't look like an RLS Rolin. In fact it looks an awful lot like a resolver.

More
02 May 2021 00:04 #207593 by jmelson

The encoder in the picture doesn't look like an RLS Rolin. In fact it looks an awful lot like a resolver.

Yes, it is a Harosyn resolver, made by Harowe Controls. I can read enough of the label to be sure of the ID.

More
02 May 2021 07:16 #207604 by aventtini
Sorry I did not explain correctly.

It has this strange , hard limits and refernace divice attach to 3 encoders on xyz and 2 resolvers on AB. I want to change the resolvers and the encoders with a RSL encoders on all axis. RL22 8000ppr encoder incremental and mount on this device and use refernace. Or giveup this divice and use absolute.
Attachments:

More
03 May 2021 22:29 #207756 by andypugh
Those encoder units really do look rather special. In what way do they not meet your requirements?

Looking back at earlier [psts it seems that the Rolin encoders output SSI? That should be usable, but it's a bit of an investment to find out.

More
03 May 2021 23:04 #207764 by jmelson
Very interesting device. It appears to have some anti-backlash gearing, cams and microswitches, and something black that looks a lot like an old HP HEDS encoder.
The 10-conductor blue ribbon cable looks REALLY familiar, I have some similar units.

Jon

More
04 May 2021 05:22 #207791 by scotth
It reminds me of the old GE resolver units. Course, medium, and fine to generate an absolute position through the gearing.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds