7i73 analog inputs

More
18 Apr 2022 12:42 #240557 by Josemmrosa
Hi all, I'm trying to use 7i73 to read potentiometers through analog inputs. But I realized that only in some software modes these pins are available as AI. How should I change between modes?. 

Thanks, José

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2022 14:53 #240566 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i73 analog inputs
Its set in the driver command line (from the hostmot2 man page):

sserial_port_N (N = 0 .. 3) [optional, default: 00000000 for all ports]
Up to 32 Smart Serial devices can be connected to a Mesa Anything IO board depending on the
firmware used and the number of physical connections on the board. These are arranged in 1-4
ports of 1 to 8 channels.
Some Smart Serial (SSLBP) cards offer more than one load-time configuration, for example all
inputs, or all outputs, or offering additional analogue input on some digital pins.
To set the modes for port 0 use, for example sserial_port_0=0120xxxx
A '0'in the string sets the corresponding port to mode 0, 1 to mode 1, and so on up to mode 9.
An "x" in any position disables that channel and makes the corresponding FPGA pins available as
GPIO.
The string can be up to 8 characters long, and if it defines more modes than there are chan‐
nels on the port then the extras are ignored. Channel numbering is left to right so the example
above would set sserial device 0.0 to mode 0, 0.2 to mode2 and disable channels 0.4 onwards.
The sserial driver will auto-detect connected devices, no further configuration should be
needed. Unconnected channels will default to GPIO, but the pin values will vary semi-randomly
during boot when card-detection runs, to it is best to actively disable any channel that is to
be used for GPIO.

More
19 Apr 2022 13:13 #240652 by Josemmrosa
Replied by Josemmrosa on topic 7i73 analog inputs
Thanks for answering PCW, there should be something wrong in the wiring. I have an 7i85s board connected to 7i96 via Host interface (7i85s) ----> P1 connector (7i96), and 7i73 attached also to 7i96 via TB2 (pins 15-20). If I try to run it separately it works (7i85s-7i96) or (7i73-7i96), but when I plug in both of them at the same time, I am not able even to ping 7i96. 

More
19 Apr 2022 13:36 #240653 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i73 analog inputs
Likely a 5V power issue

More
19 Apr 2022 18:24 #240672 by Josemmrosa
Replied by Josemmrosa on topic 7i73 analog inputs
That's it!, voltage at input drops to 4v when I plugged all the boards. Replacing power supply solved the issue. Also software mode changed and working. Thanks for all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds