Config file format not recognized by Mesa Config tool

More
12 Jun 2022 15:09 #244999 by hairyMug
I just restarted my system after 9 months and when I tried to run a file, it said my X & Y was out of range.
So I started the MESA config tool (Great app BTW) and loaded the config file, it says it is not the current version and the info does not get populated.
It did connect to the board (7i96) and I tried to down-load the config but that did not populate the values... (not sure if it is supposed to)
>> Sorry I'm a Linux newbie and don't know if they have a repair tool?
Like I said, it ran fine 9 months ago and I did nothing to it since then, so I would expect it to work now.
Any clues would be much appreciated!
Walt
>> I did make a backup of the config on a USB, but it also gives the same error message...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2022 15:16 #245001 by tommylight
What is the exact error?
"out of range" implies that LinuxCNC is working and the gcode is out of range. Is it?

More
12 Jun 2022 22:29 #245027 by hairyMug
everything is in range...
My concern is that I can't load the ini file into the config tool to see the settings...

I guess I'll have to do some manual editing...
The 7i96 config tool is V1.3.2
and it says: "No version; this ini file may have been built with an older version..."

More
14 Jun 2022 20:20 #245146 by BigJohnT
Which one are you using the Mesa Configuration Tool or the 7i96 Configuration Tool?

If you created the configuration with the latter you will have to open it with the 7i96 tool. It might be possible if you change a couple of things in the ini to match the Mesa Configuration Tool created ini file.

Looks like the latest one has a bug to fix in the morning.

JT

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds