Mesa 7i96s limit switch wiring help

More
18 Oct 2023 20:54 #283250 by morg769
Hello,

I received my Mesa 7i96s board today, and I am trying to figure out the home limit wiring. I have Normally Close LJ8A3-2-Z/AX Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch NPN DC6V-36V. I have a 24V mean well power supply for them. My specific question is how do I wire them up to the Mesa 7i96s.

The sensor has 3 wire
brown is +V in
black is data
blue is negative

So I think I need to connect V+ out from the mean well power supply to the brown wire sensor, and this is where I'm stuck. What's next? Does anyone have a wring diagram or know what wires go where?

Thank You in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2023 21:19 #283256 by andypugh
NPN proximity switches connect the output (black) wire to the blue (negative) wire when tripped.

You should read page 14 here: www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i96man.pdf

The 7i96 inputs can be configured for high-side or low-side switching, but they have to all be the same way.

Connect the +24V supply to the input common, and the black wire from the Prox to the relevant input.

Don't worry at this point about Normally-open or normally-closed, that can be handled in HAL.

More
29 Jan 2024 09:19 - 29 Jan 2024 09:21 #291878 by cristianku
is this wiring correct ?  
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jan 2024 09:21 by cristianku.

More
29 Jan 2024 13:07 #291887 by andypugh
I think that looks right.
You have an NPN proximity switch, which basically connects black to blue when triggered.
if you visualise the current flow, it goes into input common, out pf the green line, through the prox to blue, and to the common 0V line. So there is current through the board, and the input will trigger.

Just be aware that with that style of prox, the whole blue plastic end needs to be visible if it is mounted in a ferrous bracket. There is a different style with a longer threaded cover, and those can be buried in the machine frame.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds