7i95t and RPi4b - Persistent "error queuing read"

More
18 Dec 2023 05:01 #288460 by msds
Hello all,

I'm just starting to explore LinuxCNC with a retrofit to an old Taig mill I have around the shop. I bought a 7i95t and installed the Debian12/LinuxCNC 2.9.1 image stickied on the forum. After configuring networking, I ran though pncconf with a 7i97e board selected, set up all the options, and then changed the relevant ini file bits to 7i95.

I'm now at a point where I can get gmoccapy started, but 10-30 seconds after starting it, I always get an error "hm2/hm2_7i95.0: error queuing read! iter=<n>", where n is 3000-10000 or so. The board goes in to an error state and the INIT/CR15 red led turns on. Increasing my base interval delays this a little bit, but it still eventually happens. It seems like I'm experiencing exactly the problems described in the first post of this thread .

Is this possibly related to flakey ethernet? I played around with flooding the board with ping -f, and in general, it's quite good (0.2ms rtt, with a pretty small standard deviation). However, there's persistently packets with rtts of 3+ms, which seems like it would completely blow any timing budget away. Changing cables doesn't seem to fix anything, nor does enabling/disabling wifi.

Any suggestions for how to proceed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RNZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2023 14:27 #288490 by tommylight

Increasing my base interval delays this a little bit, but it still eventually happens.

No need for base interval with a Mesa ethernet board, so remove or omit it.

More
21 Dec 2023 07:06 #288735 by msds
I was confusing the two; my servo period is the default 1ms and there is no base period.

More
26 Dec 2023 03:08 #289059 by tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds