7170 Power

More
24 Mar 2024 18:26 #296635 by garja
7170 Power was created by garja
I've got a 7170 I'm connecting to a 7i96s. I need to make sure I'm connecting the power up correctly. If I understand the manual, if I want to use a 24v switching PS, W1 jumper should be in the the right hand position. I've moved the jumper to the right hand and connected VC+ to number #1 "field power", and gound (not vc-) to #8. I didn't want to connect anything else to it until I could power the board on. When powering on the power supply, I don't get any of the LEDS to light up.   

Here is what the manual says:
The local logic on the 7I70 runs from a switching power supply that can be powered
by field power or a separate supply (VIN) with ground common with field power. Normally
the 7I70 will be powered with field power and an on card jumper, W1 allows VIN to be
connected to field power. If you wish to use a single power supply for the 7I70s input and
logic power, W1 should be placed in the left hand position. This connects field power to
VIN. If you wish to use a separate supply for VIN, W1 Should be placed in the right hand
position.

TB1 PIN SIGNAL FUNCTION
1 VFIELD FIELD POWER 5-32V (Bottom pin)
2 VFIELD FIELD POWER 5-32V
3 VFIELD FIELD POWER 5-32V
4 VFIELD FIELD POWER 5-32V
5 VIN LOGIC POWER 8-32V (Notes 1,2)
6 NC
7 NC
8 GROUND VIN, VFIELD, COMMON (Top pin)

I'm also attaching a link to the manual here. store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...83_88&product_id=111

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2024 20:54 #296646 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7170 Power
You need W1 to be in the left hand position for a single 24V supply
The following user(s) said Thank You: garja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds