Hardinge CHNC retrofit- Another one on the way!

More
11 Feb 2015 17:28 #55886 by 5axisormore
My machine had come out of a J.M Ney, which made dental drills. Their shop was as clean as a dentists office, and my machine had ran with light oils all it's life. We used to run some oil called Transultex, which was about the consistency of Wesson vegetable oil, and worked great. A couple of years ago I ran some Mori-Seiki's with C/Y axis milling and drilling using Blaser vegetable based oil that is great in Swiss screw machines. It worked for aluminum, hard and soft steels and titanium. Never smoked unless you got to much way lube in it. Not sure if you could use it as the way lube, but that would get rid of the petroleum contamination, and you could use an aqueous cleaner and not have the disposal issues. Just stay away from the dark petro oils. They tended to have a lot of sulphur, which caused all the brass and copper get what looked like black rust in a matter of hours. I will be looking for another Hardinge of something of a similar to it after I get my Anilam Crusader ll controlled Lagun retrofit done. Should have my Mesa 6i25-7i77 cards here in the next couple of days. I bought it used back about 84, and ran it for years, but it was early enough that it didn't have a RS232 port and you have to manually punch in all the data. After years of lurking, I decided to take the plunge and make it a more usable machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds