Good Pendant for Machines on Ebay

More
25 Apr 2013 11:02 - 25 Apr 2013 13:17 #33179 by Skippy1
Chaps,

I've recently purchased one of these pendants, fitted a 60mm MPG and two rotary switches, and housed a Mesa 7I73 pendant card inside it.

The keyboard has a common in, and 12 separate switch outputs, making it quite handy. The buttons on the keyboard lift off, allowing new labels to be installed under the clear covers. There is a double pole emergency stop switch on the top, and another double pole switch on the side. The cable has 25 conductors, but unfortunately it is not shielded. The hook at the back has a strong magnet in it, so it will stick to your machine too.

Overall, I found it to be a nice quality unit, and can recommend it if you are looking for a housing to start building a pendant for your machine.

Grobman Pendant

Cheers,

Steve
Last edit: 25 Apr 2013 13:17 by Skippy1. Reason: Add some more information and fix grammar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemmondroberto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2014 12:05 #43476 by rmattioda
did you get this to work? and if so can you post the files you are using?

More
03 Feb 2014 15:29 - 03 Feb 2014 15:32 #43481 by Skippy1
Yes and no,

I didn't try and use it as-is, but as I'm running a Mesa 5i25/7i76 setup, I fitted a 7i73 pendant card inside it, and used the existing buttons to pull inputs on the card up/down. I later fitted a manual pulse generator, and two rotary switches to select the axis and the increment value. The PnCConf wizard looked after all the code and got it all working.

File Attachment:

File Name: gantry_rou...5i25.hal
File Size:10 KB

Later I used a couple of the existing switches as 'start' a 'pause' buttons, after copying a bit of code from the forum.

File Attachment:

File Name: dodgypause...stom.hal
File Size:2 KB

Anyway, despite the messy wiring, it now works a treat, and I CNC'd up a facia for it.

Cheers,

Steve
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 15:32 by Skippy1. Reason: Forgot something

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds