Retrofitting an Emco turn 320

More
16 Aug 2014 02:38 #49902 by smalla
Ok, then Im going with 5i25 mode till now.

I mean the mesaflash utils, but meanwhile I have found the problem, the files somehow get corrupted, redownloading them again fixed my problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 03:02 #49904 by smalla
My primary goal is to keep as much of the PLC functionality as I can, especially the safety features.

I got the original PLC program downloaded from the machine, unfortunately I cannot figure out most of it, as I dont know anything about Siemens s5 programming.
I have attached the PLC program in s5 format and in binary.

I have tried the first steps in linuxcnc using the pncconf wizard, I can see the 7i77 board but not the connected 7i84. What should I do to pncconf recognize the rest of the IO ports ?
Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2014 14:36 #49919 by cncbasher
to be able to use pncconf to program the gpio port pins , the requirement is it have field power connected to the 7i77 , this power rail is also what is used to connect the limit switches and needs to be greater than 8v , on industrial equip this is usually 24vdc

you will probably find , linuxcnc can do a better job than the PLC built in , linuxcnc has a PLC this is called classic ladder

More
16 Aug 2014 18:20 #49924 by smalla
I have a power supply of 24V ready for connection, will connect it in the evening, and try it out that way.

I want to use the ClassicLadder in LinuxCNC, but I dont know the logics implemented currently in the machine, I have to figure it out.

More
22 Aug 2014 16:09 #50179 by smalla
Connecting field power to 7i77, solved my problems.

I want to rewrite the complete PLC functionality, but I dont have the original source, I want to "figure out" what program code does what. Is there an easy way to do that? Or simply convert existing PLC program to classicladder, then pair the i/o ports. Is it possible? or I have to rewrite it from scratch ?

Thanks

More
22 Aug 2014 19:39 #50181 by BigJohnT
Well you would need the Siemens s5 programming software to open up the files to see what the logic is.

I like to use pseudo ladder to start with when I program.

When input 1 closes and input 2 is closed latch output 1

More information about Classicladder is in the manual as well as my little tutorial.

www.gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/ladder/index.html

JT

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds