Willemin W-402 Retrofit

More
11 Aug 2014 18:06 #49684 by uli12us
Long, long ago, I wanted to retrofit my machine. Now I have finally received the Mesacards for this.
The machine have a temperature controlled Spindle with an oil-cooler or if to cold, heater that bring the spindle to the desired temperature. Until now there is a built in controller that cooled over and heated under a small temperature range. Can I make this with the Mesacard or is it better to let it with the remaining thermocontrol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2014 20:03 #49688 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Willemin W-402 Retrofit
Hi

Assuming that this is a stand alone controller, not reliant upon interaction with the rest of the machine and solely concerned with oil temperature,
'If it aint broken, don't fix it' is a pretty good maxim.

I am sure you could put something together, but if it worked you would just have what you do already.

If there is some kind of interaction, spindle unable to be operated until within temperature range for instance, that should be able to be accomodated quite easily
within your config with a suitable input, bit like the spindle-at-speed signal.

regards

More
12 Aug 2014 01:22 #49715 by uli12us
Replied by uli12us on topic Willemin W-402 Retrofit
I think better one of the 3 or 4 analog inputs Vfield on the tb1 connector of 7i76,77,84.
The interaction is simple. If t is higher than 23°C then switch the cooler, if its lower then 22 switch it of. from 21 to 23 no action is required. Under 21° switch the heater on and of at 22°.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds